part 9: the girl I love

Damon's POV:
I sat on her bed looking at her room. I can't believe she just left... without saying anything she just left with that bastard original. She left without saying goodbye.

Today was Elena's birthday... She didn't want to take a birthday party without her best friend but Stefan convinced her that she needs this party. Downstairs was full of drunk highschool kids and I didn't have the feeling to join them so I just came upstairs and find myself in her room again. Two weeks has passed and we didn't find her yet. I swear to God if that hybrid hurt her somehow I will kill him within a minute.

I put my phone out of my pocket to call her again listening to her answering machine for like a hundred times.
" Hi this is y/n if you're listening to this right now that means I'm busy but I will call you back immediately"

Yeah of course you're busy. I hung up and put my phone back in my pocket.
- did you found anything?
I looked up and saw Elena in the door frame, she looked beautiful on her birthday dress, I wish y/n was here so we could fight about how I should let my feelings go and how it would hurt me eventually. Y/n I miss you sweetheart, I miss the only girl who really cared about me no matter what.

After a while of staring I just shook my head and she sighed, sitting beside me.
+ You're missing your fun party.
she shrugged.
- it doesn't feel like a party when she's not around.
I nodded. I agreed, it's always different when she's not around.
+ I'm gonna go after her tomorrow.
- I'll come with you.
She said quickly and I watched her with shock in my face.

+ Are you crazy? Sorry birthday girl but even if we find her we're not gonna see your sweetie best friend there, we're gonna see a ruthless vampire without any emotions so she will kill you just like that and I can't focus if I have to watch an eye for you too.

I said angrily and She shook her head.
- then don't Damon. but I will come, like it or not.

I tried to say something but Stefan cleared his throat shut me up. He was leaned on the wall with folded arms... I sighed and stood up of her bed walking towards a picture frame on her counter with her kissing my cheek.
"Imagine yourself as Elena"

- Elena excuse us for a second

Stefan said and Elena nodded, walked out of the room.
- her last words with me was about you...
Stefan said and I felt my breath gets heavy.
+What?
I turned around facing him. She said something about me?

- she said I should take care of you...that you're a dumbass and she loves you...she said that you're her little brother no matter what...and she forgave you, for everything.
+ Why didn't you say anything till now?
I asked in disbelief with anger in my voice and tears in my eyes. So she did say things I just didn't know.

- because I thought you didn't deserve it.
He said honestly and I just looked into his eyes.
- because it should've been me, she didn't deserved to be a slave for that monster, I... didn't want to blame myself so I blamed you. Sorry, I know how much you care for her, how much everyone do. I know it's not the same without her and I just wish, she could be here, making this party fun for all of us.

 I know it's not the same without her and I just wish, she could be here, making this party fun for all of us

I couldn't blame him...he was right I didn't deserve her forgiveness. We both were broken, we both failed protecting our family, the girl who kept this family together.
I opened my mouth to say something but Bonnie ran into the room shockingly.
- I found him...I found Kol.
She said and I felt hope in my veins again.

.....
Y/n POV:
I was trying to drag a werewolf body towards the fire. Klaus tried to make hybrids again and he failed. It was like this all of this two past weeks. Klaus tried so much but at last all of the werewolves ends up being dead and everytime it happens he gets piss so he yells. and now it was it's time so I rather to make fire and get rids of the dead bodies or anything that forces me not to be with him. he was in the house probably drunk and I took my time as well.

I put the last body in the fire and shook my hands. The light of fire was the only thing that lit up the night. The warm heat hitting my face was the only thing that wasn't cold that night. it had feelings, like I used to have days ago.
I was going to get back home but when I turned around I saw his face.

He was a mess like he didn't slept at all and his hair and outfit was dirty and awful.
- y/n?...

He watched me with shock in his face then he came closer and embraced me pulling me to his chest. I didn't hug him back just stood there with my emotionless face on. He grew beard...that makes him cute, maybe it was different but who knows, I knew a thing inside me that loved this man.

- are you ok?
I slowly pulled back of his embrace, pushing him back a little.
+ Yeap...I'm great what are you doing here?
I asked not really care that much.
- I came here to take you back...I promised you... remember?
He asked sad smiling.
+ Yeah sure...look boy, you have to go home ok? This is not the right time, you're kinda late. So, Bye bye then
I tried to get pass him but he grabbed my wrist.
- please y/n turn your emotions back on. It's not you and you know it, please ...do it.
He begged and I laughed. This is fun.

+ Dude I'm sorry for your lost but the girl you knew one day...
- the girl I love.
He interrupted me and I watched him with surprise.

+ What?
- the girl I love...I love you y/n...I do... I loved you since the day you played with my day ring and when I heard your voicemail two weeks ago my heart stopped. I can't live without you by my side please turn you humanity back on.
He explained and I felt something in my emotionless heart...like a spark, lightened my heart, although that was just a moment that passed soon.

+ Go home Kol.
I said and freed my wrist of his hand, tears filled his face.
- why didn't you kill anyone with him? I know he do all the killing part and you just do the cleaning part.
I rolled my eyes at him. I didn't know how much information he had about me and Klaus, this boy really has researched.

+ I turned my humanity off but I still have my brain, if I kill someone those witch spirits would took my powers away. What did you think? That I still have my emotions with me?
I asked and he looked at the grass not answering me.

I tried to speak but he took my arms and turned me around to look straight in my eyes.
- you should take your humanity on...now
I laughed harder this time, Kol tried to compelled me...he really did.
+ Kol honey... Your dear brother makes me consume vervain everyday, believe me, it's painful but affective, you can't compel me.

He watched me with awe. And I continued
+ go home...the girl you loved is dead.
I started walking away.
- don't walk away y/n
He said and I kept walking ignoring him.