"Who said you could ask questions?" I answered irritatedly as Mikyung hesitantly got back to kissing me.

I was kissing her with all my might and she was responding with just as much enthusiasm but I knew... I knew, that no matter how hard I tried to make myself excited about the kiss, my heart just wasn't in it.

I wanted to scream.

Instead, I just pushed her away and shook my head, running my hands through my hair.

"This isn't working. You can go." I muttered, feeling numb.

Mikyung looked extremely offended but she put on a seductive smile anyway, taking off her shirt teasingly.

I rolled my eyes. This was so not working.

"Come on, Jimin-ah. Don't be like that. You know I can help you unwind." She whispered, stepping forward to slowly unbutton my shirt as well.

"Let's step outside of this tiny, cramped room, yeah? I'll make you feel really good. You won't regret it." She blinked you with her sultry eyes, biting her lips invitingly as she pulled my hands to her chest.

"I'll make your birthday really special." She giggled as she whispered into my ear while I tried to push her away and step out.

"No, Mi-"

"Oh come on." She pouted and cut me off by pressing her lips to mine hurriedly.

I practically staggered as I struggled to get out of her grasp. The room was cramped and I really didn't want to hurt her.

She opened the door, still kissing me persuasively as we both fell out into the studio where she ran her fingers up and down my chest. Her moans and gentle touches did turn me on a little bit and I found myself wanting to confirm my feelings once and for all.

Mikyung always managed to take my mind off things before I met Y/N. If only I actually tried to kiss her back, maybe it'd be proven that I could still be attracted to other women and that Y/N wasn't the only one who could fuck me up.

Closing my eyes, I let my hands trail up her waist. I could feel Mikyung smirk against my lips as I responded slowly to her kisses.

"That's right. Easy does it." She crooned softly, placing kisses along my jaw and I clenched my fists at her side as I suddenly received a subtle whiff of Y/N's scent.

I moaned involuntarily. With my eyes closed, she really just seemed as if she was somewhere close to me. I could hear her soft voice and I could sense her presence.

I took in a deep breath as the insistent lips moving against mine became shy. My body relaxed as I started imagining that it was Y/N I was entangled up with. I couldn't think straight anymore.

I groaned as I felt myself kissing her back with an almost angry hunger.

"I-I am terribly sorry!" I heard Y/N whisper and frowned.

What? Why the hell was she sorry? She was literally in my arms right now, wasn't she?

My eyes shot open.

Fuck!

"Oh my fucking God-Y/N?" My eyes widened as I saw a blur of yellow and black as she rushed out of my studio, leaving a cute pink box on the table.

"No, wait!" I yelled trying to follow her out but tripped on a roll of cables.

"Ouch, what the fuck." I cursed in frustration and anger and glared at Mikyung who stood fixed to her spot, looking extremely smug.

"Get out!" I spat, glaring at her as her smile fell. She rushed out as I gingerly got onto my feet, plucked the small note hanging from the box on pure instinct and ran downstairs to follow Y/N.

The box was clearly a cake box—one that she had come to deliver herself, for my birthday.
Isn't that what I'd wanted?

To see her once?

Then why did I have make her run away from me?

Why did I have to break her heart like that?

Helpless, I halted on the last step as I stared sadly at her hair bouncing against her cute yellow dress as she practically sprinted across the lobby, speed-walking  towards the doors of the building, clearly eager to get out of here.

I hated myself for making her feel this way, even more than I hated her for making me so weak in love.

But it was useless stopping her now.

I let out a deep sigh as I looked down at the small, square paper card clutched in my hand.

It said, "Dear Jimin, I hope you have a very very happy birthday. May you find all the happiness that you are looking for this year and even more in the years to come. I wish you all the luck in everything that you want to achieve in life. Happy Birthday once again. I love you 💜💜"

My eyes burned with guilt and regret as I looked away from the beautiful handwritten message.

There was no use of having a happy birthday because I had already pushed away all of the happiness that I could ever ask for and she was already running away from me as if she never wanted to see my face ever again.