Mateo must've taken too long to respond because now Marcella stood there laughing like a maniac at his lack of words.

"Seems like you're unsure of what that dumb bitch feels for you".

"Marcella get out".

Mateo stood with a heavy sigh, his demeanor giving off enough clues to let her know he was tired of her shit.

"You have me, I'm here and I love you. You don't have to feel unsure of my love for you".

"I don't feel the same, please leave".

"You're making a mistake".

Mateo stood there, his jaw ticking out of irritation at Marcella's disobedience.

She walked up to him, lifting her chin so she could meet his eyes, a loud slap echoed through the room as she had let out some of her anger.

"You should be ashamed of yourself, I've given you my heart and soul and you stomp on it, even while I struggle with my father's coma".

His face fell at her words.

"I'm so-

Another loud smack resounded, Mateo's patience was running thin, it was the most he could do though as he had entered her heart only to rip it out.

Mateo looked down at Marcella once again, her eyes danced with anger as she stared at him trying her best to intimidate but failing miserably when tears began to gather in her eyes.

She turned to leave but before she had the chance she felt two strong arms wrap around her.

"I'm sorry amore mío, I don't love you less I just love her more, I need to follow my heart".

Marcella sobbed as she shoved her face into his chest, smacking and punching lightly as she fought against him weakly, he had taken the last energy that was left in her.

"I hate you". She cried loudly.

"I know baby".

Mateo and Marcella stayed in each other's arms for the rest of the evening, he allowed her to have one last piece of him before he completely let her go.

*

Axel was anxious.

He sat in between Capri and Sebastian who engaged in conversation as they all sat in her shop eating dinner.

Capri had stayed later than usual that evening replenishing an old antique table that she was to deliver tomorrow morning.

"You okay Axel"? She asked perplexed as her laugh died down from a silly comment Sebastian had made.

He escaped his trance as he realized his best friend was speaking to him.

"Yea, yea totally, just got something on my mind no big deal".

It was a big deal.

Axel still hadn't told Capri that the man she thought she could trust and have a comfortable and loving life with was the brother of the wife of the man she actually loved.

Axel was confused and on the verge of having a mental breakdown.

He noticed Sebastian staring intently as he did his best to sound confident.

"Alright well I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick before we head out, espérenme". (Wait for me)

Both men watched as the brunette beauty skipped away, leaving them alone in silence.

"You haven't told her".

"I don't know where to start".

Sebastian gave him a light chuckle as he took in his response, shaking his head lightly before returning his gaze to the only person that could fuck things up for him.

"You fucked my sister didn't you"?

"That's not the problem here".

"It doesn't have to be a problem, I just happen to be related to a nutcase but my love for Capri is real".

"Bullshit".

Axel leaned in, face to face with Sebastian who gave him a charming smile in return.

"I'm supposed to believe you just came into her life out of pure coincidence"?

"Believe what you want boy toy, but this remains between you and I, I plot nothing against Capri, I'm only here to love her".

Axel and Sebastian stared each other down, their faces a few inches away from each other.

"Does this mean that you know she's fucking Mateo behind your back"? He laughed lightly, trying to hit a sore spot.

"That will end soon, she can't have a life with him".

Sebastian continued to smile before slowly lifting his leg as he placed his knee in between Axel's legs, he jumped at the contact.

"I heard you got a thing for blondes".

"Women you asshole".

Axel pushed him away harshly, strands of Sebastian's hair falling forward as he looked at Axel through hooded eyes, he went to move closer but stopped when Capri entered the room once again.

"Alright let's go".

Axel's gaze remained on the man before him as Capri picked up her things before nudging them.

"You guys deaf, let's go"!

All three stood as they made their way out, Sebastian taking Capri with him to his apartment as Axel stayed behind to return home to their shared place.

He watched as the blonde helped Capri get into her side of the vehicle before making his way to the other side.

Axel watched his movements intently, still taking in his earlier actions as confusion and desire flushed through him.

He had put him on the spot.

Sebastian gave him a wink before getting into the driver's seat a small wave slipping his fingers as he stuck his hand out the window before speeding away.

Things were starting to get out of hand, he needed to tell Capri.