4 🐱 Sweet Jiro

Jisoo

I was reading a book in the living room as Jiro hopped on my lap

I was reading a book in the living room as Jiro hopped on my lap. I watched him as he carefully circling on my lap and lay down. I could hear him purr softly and I had to stop myself from squishing the white cat.

I put the book down beside me and started to gently poke Jiro's nose. He glanced at me then he continued to sleep.

This put on a smile on my face. I never intended to have a pet animal but here I am, looking at the sweet cat in front of me. Carefully, I stroked his head with my hand and he purred a little loud. 

"Unnie, are you-- Oh." My head turned towards Jennie who just got out of her room.

"Yes?"

Jennie stared at Jiro for a while then shook her head. "I just want to ask if you are busy?"

I stroked Jiro's head once more and answered, "No, not really, why?"

Jennie slowly walked towards me but I noticed something. She was strangely staring at the cat. I narrowed my eyes.

"Why are you like that?"

Jennie jumped a little and shook her head a little to fast. "Nothing!" She paused but I only stared at her. "Uhm, the cat is too sweet, isn't that strange?"

I gave Jennie a confused look. Cats may be independent and cold but they are freaking sweet. I don't think that's strange.

"No, why?" I said while Jennie sat beside me.

"RIGHT?!" Jennie exclaimed that made me jumped in surprise.

"Jennie!" I exhaled and looked at Jiro who surprisingly is still sleeping. "Why are you shouting?"

"Hush, Unnie, hear me. Glowing fur is really strange right?" Jennie clasped her hands and smiled.

"Uh-huh." I raised a brow, not following her questions at all.

Jennie breathed in and out. "Well, that ca--"

"Meow!" Jiro suddenly stood up and jumped on Jennie.

"Ah!" Jennie shrieked, raising her hands avoiding the cat.

My jaw dropped as Jiro lay down on Jennie's lap. I glanced at Jennie and she was clearly frozen in place as she stared at the cat.

I let out an amused chuckle. "Aww, isn't he sweet?"

Jennie slowly turned her head to me and frowned. I only grinned back at her. "Get him off." She trailed. "I am getting a heart attack."

I laughed at her and that only made her frown more. I looked at Jiro and he seemed to be very conformtable at his place.

"Unnie, stop staring and get him off!"

/•/

Every now and then, Jiro will always by my side like a knight ready to protect me. I thought otherwise though. It seems like he was the one needing  protection because he was getting fluffier and Jennie was out there to squish him.

Aren't they cute?

I would always notice that Jiro was spending too much time with me. Jennie said that was suspicious but the days went by, she let the cat do his ways.

Those two were charming.

"Unnie, I'll go now!"

My line of thoughts was interrupted when Jennie walked towards the door. I took a look at her outfit and she was ready to party. I narrowed my eyes but she was so pretty in that outfit.

 I narrowed my eyes but she was so pretty in that outfit

"Where are you going?"

Jennie smiled widely and ran to hug me. "A colleague set me up with a blind date."

My eyes widened and hugged ger back tightly. "Oooh, enjoy it then! I hope he is the one!"

Jennie broke the hug and beamed. "Wish me luck!"

"You are always on luck! Love ya!" I said and she formed a finger heart, mouthing 'love you too' before closing the door.

"Mrrr."

I heard a growl and it was Jiro behind me. I giggled. "Don't worry, she'll be safe." I stroked Jiro's head and he stopped growling.

But.

Did I saw his eyes glow red a little?

I rolled my eyes. What am I thinking? I should sleep now.  I bid Jiro goodnight and hit the sack early. Before I could sleep truly, I heard a whisper.

Danger.

/•/

Published on July 17, 2021