005

005

THE NEXT FEW days were torture. tantalus made it his sole purpose to ruin everyone's summer.

it only became a little more bearable when the rest of her siblings arrived. still, wherever ivy went the weight of camp being in danger hung threateningly above her head.

there was also tyson. ivy didn't want to be rude, really she didn't. but she couldn't stand being around the cyclops for longer than was necessary. meaning that she was never around him and it shortened the time she spent with percy.

the black haired boy wasn't too happy about tyson either. he seemed ashamed to have a monster as a half-brother. it probably wasn't helping that ivy was sort of avoiding him since she was avoiding tyson. percy went from the cool guy who retrieved the lighting bolt to the guy everyone was trying to run away. talk about falling from grace.

"he's not my real brother!" percy would protest whenever tyson wasn't around. "he's more like a half-brother on the monstrous side of the family. like... a half-brother twice removed, or something."

nobody bought it.

ivy wasn't sure how to try to cheer him up until annabeth suggested they team up for the chariot race to take their minds off their problems. maybe it wasn't the best course of action given the state camp was in but none of them knew what to do about it. until they could come up with some brilliant plan to save thalia's tree, they figured they might as well go along with the races. after all, athena had invented the chariot while percy's dad created horses and well ivy... she was ivy and she could help with the design.

one morning annabeth, percy, and ivy were sitting by the canoe lake sketching chariot designs when some of ivy's younger siblings deciding to be jokers walked by and asked the son of poseidon if he needed to borrow some eyeliner for his eye... "oh, sorry, eyes."

ivy stood up from her spot. "real mature, drew. if i hear you make one more comment towards percy we're going to have a problem. got it?"

drew didn't say anything as she shrunk under ivy's deadly glare.

"got it?" ivy said forcefully.

drew nodded meekly. "got it."

as they walked away with their tail behind their legs, annabeth grumbled, "just ignore them, percy. it isn't your fault you have a monster for a brother."

"he's not my brother!" percy snapped. "and he's not a monster, either!"

ivy raised an eyebrow. she stayed standing with her arms crossed. "technically, he is a monster so don't get mad at annabeth for nothing."

"well, you gave him permission to enter the camp." percy looked up at her accusedly.

"was is supposed to let you die then? percy, i'm sorry i wasn't expecting poseidon to claim him..." the brunette trailed off.

annabeth nodded. "it's not your fault cyclopes are the most deceitful, treacherous –"

"he is fucking not!" the black haired boy shouted. "what have you two got against cyclopes, anyway?"

ivy looked away from her two friends. she didn't want to talk about it, because that meant reliving it. maybe she'll tell him later on, but right now she wasn't prepare to lose her dad all over again.