001

001

SURPRISINGLY, IVY HAD a peaceful sleep. 

gabriel didn't though, with his dreams plagued by nightmares he decided it was a good idea to wake her up at 2:30 in the morning.

"ivy! wake up!" he shook her.

the brunette groaned out, "five more minutes." she rolled on her side and pulled the covers on top of her head.

"no more minutes! we need to leave now," he sounded stressed. gabriel bent over under her bed, bumping the mattress as he tried to reach something unknown to ivy.

"what're you doing?" ivy asked as she tried to wake herself up.

gabriel crawled out from under the bed, her emergency backpack (basically a big monster, we gotta go! alert) in hand. "i had a dream about camp. it's in danger."

that was all he needed to say to her to move.

ivy jumped out of bed. she scrambled to get something out to wear, hastily picking a pink hoodie, jean shorts, and sneakers. turning to gabriel, who was picking random stuff they may need from her dresser, she asked, "how are we going to get to camp?"

just as he opened his mouth to respond, sofia delgado walked in. out of breath, a panicked look in her eyes with a laptop in hand.

"found two tickets for new york," she said. the woman's hair was up in a messy ponytail, still wearing her pajamas. ivy guessed gabriel woke her abruptly with the terrible news, too.

gabriel made his way to the door, although he spun in a frantic circle on the spot. he had a way of acting like the mad hatter when nervous or scared. "at what time is the flight?"

sofia winced, squinting her eyes to the laptop. "3:30"

"in the afternoon?" ivy asked, rummaging through her nightstand. she wouldn't need medea's sunscreen spf 50,000, would she? no, no. ivy discarded the bottle of sunscreen deeper into the drawer.

"well – uh. it says a.m so... it's in an hour!" gabriel looked up from the screen, waving his arms around his head like he was shooing flies. " move family, move! the airport is twenty five minutes away!"

the son of dionysus ran out of the room, pulling his mother behind him.

now with privacy, ivy quickly got ready. pulling her hair in a ponytail and making sure she had all her weapons on her. she slugged her backpack on her shoulder, following the sound of gabriel's nervous breakdown at the entrance of the house.

"there you are, my mom's in the car already," he said in relief. gabriel spun again. "i'm not forgetting anything, am i? my sword. clothes. myself. am i wearing underwear?"

ivy shook her head at her best friend. she loved his crazy antics but right now there wasn't time.

the daughter of aphrodite placed her hands on his shoulders, looking up at him directly in the eyes. "calm down. we're fine. we'll make a plan on the way." there wasn't any charmspeak in her words, but they calm him down anyway.

gabriel let out a few calculated breaths, one of his breathing exercises. "yeah. plan. organized. stressless plans. i like plans."

she nodded, walking out of the door with her friend next to her. ivy made sure the security system was on when she closed the door behind her.