002

002

IVY WAITED FOR percy in an alley down church street. she pulled percy and him off the sidewalk just as a fire truck screamed past, heading for meriwether prep.

"where did you find him?" she demanded, scooting away from tyson. the best attempt to cover her fear was replacing it with anger.

percy didn't look too happy with her approach. they've made their peace last summer after a whole school year of being at each other's throats. ivy missed percy more than she'd like to admit, but right now it was letting her anger out or crying in a corner like a baby. she chose anger, at least for the moment.

"i told you, he's my friend," percy told her.

"is he homeless?"

"what does that have to do with anything? he can hear you, you know. why don't you ask him?"

ivy blinked in surprise. "he can talk?"

"i talk," tyson admitted. "you are very pretty."

the brunette swallowed her fear. her anger was running out, the tough facade crumbling by the minute as the few memories from that day came to the front of her mind. she stepped further away from the cyclops.

percy gave her a lot, reprimanding her rudeness, but he didn't understand. she didn't want him to understand, at least not anytime soon. "tyson, your hands aren't even burned," he said in disbelief.

"did you expect them to be?" ivy muttered. "it's a surprise the laistrygonians even dared to attack you at all with someone like him around."

tyson seemed fascinated by ivy's brown hair. he tried to touch it, but she dodged his hand.

"fitzy," percy said. she still hated that nickname. "what are you talking about? laistry-what?"

"the monster in the gym were a race of giant cannibals, laistrygonians. they live in the far north, i don't think they ever come as far as new york often."

"laistry – fuck, that's a mouthful. what would you call them in english?"

ivy thought about it, there wasn't a name in english. "canadians," she'll give them a name, then. "now come on, we gotta get out of here."

"the police'll be after me," he said, poking his head out of the alley to look at the school.

'"that's the last thing we should be worried about. have you been having dreams?" this morning he didn't look like he was having a nice sleep.

"the dreams ... about grover?"

she paled, they hadn't heard from grover ever since he left to look for pan. "grover? what about grover?"

percy told her about his dream. "why? what were you dreaming about?"

ivy tugged at her hair, not only was camp in danger now, but their friend seemed to be in a sticky situation, too.

"i hadn't have any dream, but gabriel had a dream about camp. big trouble at camp."

"my mom was saying the same thing! but what kind of trouble?"

"that's the thing, i don't know yet," she admitted. "but something's wrong. we have to get there right away. i know annabeth had a hard time getting to camp, monsters were trying to stop her. gabriel and i landed in new york this morning. have you been attacked a lot?"