16. Moving In and How Castiel Escaped

Start from the beginning

"Good," Ketch replied.  "Cause I got it in the clearance section, best deal ever am I right?!"

"Right..." the blue-eyed man mumbled, crossing his arms over his chest, trying to stay warm. 

"Oh, by the way," Ketch began once they had reached the car.  "Can you sit in the back? I could hear you're breathing during the ride and it's honestly kind of annoying."

"S-Sure..." Castiel sighed, sitting in the back seat as Ketch drove them back home. 
---------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow," Dean scoffed.  "What an asshole, so that's when you broke up with him right?"

Castiel winced and shook his head. 

"Here's when I did...it actually happened on...our wedding day..."

-------------------------------------------------------------

"You look amazing, Cas," Charlie smiled.  "But are you sure you want this? I mean... Ketch? Really?"

"He's my first love," Castiel shrugged.  "He must be the one."

He brushed off his white suit and fixed up his hair a little bit before walking out to see his father.  Chuck stood there with a black suit and a frown on his face. 

"You said you liked the gold one, not white," Chuck rumbled, looking Castiel up and down.

"Y-Yeah I know," Castiel replied, "but Ketch didn't, but white still looks good...I guess."

Chuck swore under his breath.  "Not if you don't like it.  This wedding venue is shit too, I mean, a wreck center, really?

"Cheapest out there, that's what Ketch wanted," Castiel sighed. 

Chuck spun around.  "Castiel you must not marry this man!" he yelled, "have free will my son! This man is lazy and disrespectful of your desires.  Please, do not marry him."

"It's too late now, father," Castiel pushed.  "Look, at least I'm getting married, that was your dream right? For all your sons?"

"Not to idiots," Chuck stated with a glare. 

Then, they were there.  At the end of the isle.  Ketch's family and friends filled up most of the seats, Castiel wasn't able to invite everyone he wanted but at least Charlie and Michael were there.  He smiled and walked down the isle, searching for Ketch at the front but he wasn't there.  He got to the front and Chuck took his seat next to Michael, and they waited. 

And waited. 

And waited.

Twenty minutes had gone by and Ketch was nowhere to be found.  People began to get up and leave, and Castiel was starting to lose hope. 

Eventually after at least an hour of no Ketch, Castiel broke down and Charlie stood by his side, helping him relax. 

"Call me when you marry a real man." Chuck growled, leaving the venue with a stomp
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow," Dean said once more.  "I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch."

"Please, go ahead," Castiel replied.  "After that, I went back home and he was sitting there in the living room watching TV and I asked him what he was doing here.  He asked why I was all dressed up and I told him that it was our wedding that day and all he said was 'oh, well sorry baby.  How about you grab us a few drinks and we can make it up in the bedroom later tonight.  Right now I'm watching the game.'  So I slapped him across the face and stormed out yelling 'we're done, don't ever come near me or Jack again!'  I did have full custody because he never showed up to prove himself as a father.  Used the money sent for Jack for alcohol."

Dean stood up and walked around the table to Castiel, pulling him out of his chair and kissing him softly.  Tears ran down Castiel's cheeks as he remembered that day when Ketch stood him up, how angry his father had been.  Dean hugged him and stared intensly into his eyes. 

"I will never do that, you hear me? We are going to have much better lives together, with Jack, okay?" 

Castiel nodded, unable to talk because of how painful his tears felt as they burned in his throat.  "Thank you, Dean."