Mother Of The Year

Stiles sat on the steps of the Avengers compound, it had been two days since Thanos and he hasn't spoken to anybody or slept or eaten.

"It's been two days," Steve told Nat,"All he's done is sit there."

"What happened affected him worse than us," Nat said quietly, knowing Stiles might be able to hear them.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked, confused.

"Wanda was pregnant," Nat told the soldier.

Steve sighed, looking back to Stiles with sadness and sympathy,"I didn't know."

"Neither did anybody else," Nat replied.

Stiles heard every word that they said, but he didn't care. Wanda was gone and so far the only person that could bring her back was Thanos.

Stiles traced the circle of Wanda's wedding ring, swallowing he shoved it back into his pocket.

The first person they tried to contact was Nick Fury, but he was gone too, but they found some kind of a high tech pager on the scene where he died sending out a signal to some red and blue star person. It's been transmitting for two days and nothing happened.

He had healed physically from the brutal beating Thanos gave him, but he might never heal mentally.

Stiles stood just as a bright light flashed across the sky, kind of like a comet except it was heading straight towards him.

Stiles' eyes narrowed as it got closer, eyes glowing gold he shifted, he rotated his head as the change washed over him. Ever since he had evolved he hadn't fully shifted, not needing to because he was more powerful, and he made that mistake with Thanos and he wasn't going to do it again.

Hair grew from the sides of his face, he growled baring his metal fangs, his ears became pointed, his brow furrowed, and his metal claws popped as they grew.

Just as he finished the shift the comet slowed to a stop.

Stiles remained silent, the only noise coming from him was his breathing and the small growl escaping his throat.

The light dimmed enough to reveal a woman with a masked face, her eyes glowing brightly.

"Who the hell are you?" She asked, hovering in the air.

Stiles remained silent, but his fire ignited, racing up his arms. The animal part of him was itching for blood and the human part was too lost in his grief to resist.

The werefox shot forward, tackling the woman right out of the sky and she was too surprised to do anything.

They both landed on the ground and Stiles was up first, about to claw her. But she lifted her hands just in time to blast him with a wave of light.

Stiles went flying backwards, and the unknown woman expected him to be dead, no one had survived a direct hit from her photon blast without protection. But she felt her jaw drop as his body shifted. He stood, his eyes glowing brighter and smoke curled from his mouth.

Stiles opened his jaw and golden flames erupted forward and she barely had enough time to duck to avoid the fire.

"Okay, you can breathe fire," She said in shock.

Stiles used the distraction and he lunged forward tackling her to the ground and started punching her in the face repeatedly.

When he punched the mask off her head ducked and he raised his hand for one final blow. Fire engulfed his fist.

When she finally looked up he took a step back in horror. Noticing the blue blood dripping from her lip.

"Mom?" Stiles said, his voice cracking, and he shifted back to human.

Carol's eyes widened in horror,"Mischief?"

Time Skip

"He banged you up pretty good," Nat said, looking at the bruises and scrapes on Carol's body.

"Where's Fury?" Carol asked her.

Nat hesitated a moment before answering,"He's gone, just like a lot of other people. Stiles' wife too."

"He got married?" Carol asked in surprise.

Nat slowly nodded,"To Wanda Maximoff, she was an avenger just like the rest of us."

"I don't know what that is," Carol said.

A tear fell from Nat's eye as she told Carol the exact same thing Fury said when he told them when they asked,"An idea to bring together a book of remarkable people. To see if they could become something more. To see if we could fight the battles that--"

"They never could," Stiles finished, leaning against the doorway of the medbay.

Carol looked at her son with tears in her eyes.

"I'll give you two a minute," Nat said, standing and leaving.

There was just silence between them for the longest time,"You're alive?" Stiles finally said.

Carol slowly nodded.

"So, you faked your death and just left me and Dad?" Stiles growled.

"I didn't have a choice, the Kree were coming after me--" Carol started.

"I don't give a shit!" Stiles snarled,"Mom of the year. You didn't visit, you didn't call, you just went off into space and never came back. Well, guess what? Dad's dead. Remember Scott? I was forced to kill him because it turns out he was a power hungry asshole that killed the rest of my high school friends. You left and I died, multiple times. You missed my graduation, my wedding, and now the only love I had left in my life is..." Stiles choked, unable to finish, he looked back at Carol with an angry stare,"You died, I mourned you, and now you are still dead to me."

More tears fell from Carol's eyes and he left without another word.

Walking through the corridor, Nat followed from close behind, but she stopped when she saw the smoke coming off of Stiles.

Breathing heavily Stiles leaned against the wall, his eyes glowing a bright gold and he roared, his pain and anguish finally coming out.