Forest

5 years later
Naruto PoV:
(Midday)

I sat in my room, if you can even call it that. It was just the attic with a thin blanket, lamp and bin. I was lying on my blanket listening to Kushina and her Uchiha celebrating Menma's birthday with a party. There was a lot of cheering and music was blasting really loud.
It looked like a nice day, blue skied and bright hot sun, so I wanted to go out but there we seals stopping me from leaving the room during the daytime. 

They began to sing so I lit the candle on the cupcake I brought. When they finished I blew the candle out and ate the precious food. I lay down and let the darkness come over me.

When I woke up it was already dark. I groaned as I stood up from the hard floor and put on my eye numbing orange jumpsuit that kushina so kindly gave me. It was too small for Menma who was much shorter than me.

I went out into the busy streets who were celebrating with a festival. I could see everyone's dark looks as I passed. I felt like crying but kept a smile on my face.

I entered an alley on my way back when a large mob led by my so called mother. They each had a different weapon. The people with kunai's and shuriken threw them at me. I felt like shit as I ran away I ran and ran. I stopped at the forest of death. I was tackled and crushed by a heavy woman.  The rest of the mob began to kick punch and cut me with swords and pitchforks.

They left when I was covered head to toe in blood. Kushina bent down and whispered, "This is what you get brat. Your father died for you but what do you have to show for it your weak and nowhere near as special as my little Menma who holds nine tails." She spat on me and walked back towards the village. I lay on my back crying. I stayed there until I couldn't cry anymore. I knew I had to leave so I got up and turned to face the forest.

They won't notice if I'm gone so I can just find a better village. They wouldn't expect me to leave this way if they do end up noticing. Shakily I carried my weak and beaten body into the forest. I was struggling to breath and my vision was becoming blurry. I pushed on but soon passed out on the soft forest grass.