03 | Snakes Are Vampires Now

Start from the beginning

"We get it! They talk a lot..." Kai replied. "...the cherry doesn't fall far from its blossom,"

"Kai, don't be rude!" You walked towards Kai hitting the back of his head – not too hard of course.

"Ow... What's up with you and hitting people?" He questions, getting only a shrug in reply.

"No reason, just because I can," You reply walking over to the deck of the bounty, and seeing Jay's parents bump into the pile of garbage. Everyone when up to the deck ready to greet Jay's family. "Ed, Edna!' You shouted waving at the couple.

"Mom! Dad! What are you doing here?" Jay greeted them his tone filled with displeasure.

"Oh, look! It's my baby boy! It's been so long since we heard from you!" Edna exclaims hugging him as if she would never see him again, happiness lacing her features. "Y/n, darling how have you been?" Edna wonders enfolding you in a hug.

"Ma, I called you two days ago," Jay argues true wriggling out of her grasp, as the others walk up to the family.

"I have been good, but I didn't expect you guys to come to visit us so quickly," You confess, earning a glare from Jay.

Do you talk to them? Jay asked, well he gave you a look that you understood.

They love me, of course, I talk to them. You shrugged in reply response knowing that Jay would quickly understand.

So, you knew that they were coming and didn't tell me?! He glared at you, which you simply ignore.

This had been a language or rather a code that you and Jay had created throughout your training. Jay could quickly interpret someone's facial expression – well everyone but Nya's – and you were able to analyze your opponents and friends rather quickly. This is how you and Jay keep on winning Charades – which was banned when Kai got mad and decided to set the couch on fire.

"Oh well... It's not soon enough, son," Ed only shrugged in response. " When are you coming out to the junkyard? You say you are coming an... an... and you don't," He continued sadly.

"Dad...do we have to talk about the junkyard in front of my friends?" Jay whispered in embarrassment and irritation.

"He hates it when we tell people he was born in a junkyard," Edna confessed causing her son more embarrassment. Edna perked up when her eyes landed on Nya. "h... and who are you? You are so cute! You are just my son's type," Edna gushes complimenting Nya.

"Mom!" Jay whined wondering what he did to deserve this.

"It's a pleasure of meeting you. I'm sure if you want, Jay can give you a tour. He worked very hard on it," Nya offer the couple much to Jay's dismay.

"We'd love a tour!" Ed and Edna chanted, the smile on their face growing wider.

"I'll go too! I want to see this place and know all its features!" You shouted walking alongside Ed and Edna, who smile at you softly. Jay knocks his head and sighs, glaring at you slightly before smiling.

↫↭↬

Jay shows his parents around the bounty, you trail behind the couple as you admire each of the freshly cleaned rooms. Finally, you arrive at the central control room, thankful that you could finally take a breath because Jay was walking faster than usual.

"And this the bridge," Jay begins, gesturing towards the tech that filled the majority of the room. "This extends into a periscope. This tells what's going on with Ninjago. And this... if a Serpentine's not giving us the answer we want, and we're late up at night–" Jay was quickly cut off by his mother as he gestured towards the cappuccino machine.