reader, jack and mark, drawing

Začít od začátku

when I got there I sat in my usual spot, legs dangling over the edge, and pulled out my sketchbook and art supplies to begin drawing. I layed the book in my lap and held a piece of lead in my hand, tapping it against my chin as I scanned the place for something to draw.

In the distance, beyond the barrier, I spot a cute creature that I've seen often when coming here, it was one of the smaller creatures, still being twice my height, with black beaty eyes, a little twitching nose and smooth brown fur covering it's body that ended in a fluffy mess of a tail that was as big as the rest of it. Most people I know call them squirrels but personally I like to call them nutters, cause one, they always eat nuts, and two, they act and move all crazy like, it was a fitting name in my mind. However this one was calm, sitting in a tree waaay above my head. It seemed to be eyeing a glorious peach that hung below it on the same branch.

In an instant I start putting lead on paper, recording the rare and adorable scene. I constantly looked back and forth between the paper and the nutter, hoping I had enough time before it decided to move away.

Luckily it didn't move very much and I was able to finish a good sketch. So I spent some time changing up a few things, adding tuffs of fur here and there, rubbing out mistakes and overall just making it look professional. Once I was happy with it I smiled to myself triumphantly and looked back up at my model.

But both the nutter and the peach were gone, the only thing left behind a stem where the peach use to be. I frown my brows as I stared in the now empty tree, 'maybe it finally managed to grab the peach and take it home', I thought. So I looked around the tree, hoping to catch a glimpse of the nutter carrying the peach away, unfortunately I instead saw another much, Much bigger creature holding the peach...

I stared intently at this new creature as it bit into the fruit, with a mouth big enough to fit me, and grow completely bewildered.

I've never seen anything like it before, it almost looked like... Me. Two legs, two arms, a head with a similar face, it even wore clothes like me too. The only obvious difference I could see was our size and skin colour, mine being a pale blue whereas it's was a very light pink or cream colour, almost as white as my page. And it appeared to be a male, or at least resembled the males from my village, with a slightly slender, masculine physic and a beard that covered the lower half of his face.

I was definitely intrigued, but being honest I would've been shitting myself from fear if it weren't for the barrier protecting me. He was so huge, a single flick of a finger could easily knock me out, but I guess knowing he couldn't see me there definately calmed my nerves. No outside creature has ever crossed the barrier anyway, so why would this one be any different.

Feeling confident that I was safe, I sat still and watched with fascination as it slid down and sat on the ground, legs stretch out infront of himself as he continued to devour the peach until nothing but the seed was left, which he started mindlessly sucking on.

Then, like a smack in the face, I remembered I had my sketchbook with me and frantically turned to a new page to start sketching. Even though in my book it would look like just another sketch of someone from the village I knew I had to get him in there. He was just to fascinating to not draw and I wanted to remember this. But being honest how could I ever forget such a magnificent creature.

Unfortunately though, as I did he decided to spit the peach seed out of his mouth, sending it flying into the barrier and over my head. The sound of it crashing to the ground was enough to take my attention away from my drawing and take a brief look behind me to find out where the seed had landed. I see it slowly tumbling down the hill behind me but not finding too much interest in it I turn back and my breath hitches as I notice he had watched it fly into the barrier and was now starring hard, nearly looking right at me, with a puzzled look on his face.