Chapter 16 ✓

31ST OCTOBER 1994 - 04:00 PM

Meera had spent a substantial amount of time showing around the first two floors of Hogwarts to the Beauxbatons girls. As she and Evie spent more time with them, she realised that they were actually a lot friendlier than she thought they'd be.

Instead of progressing to the next floor they decided to go to the libary as despite being potential candidates for the tournament they were still expected to complete their schoolwork independantly. According to Freya Madame Maxime had a highly regimented schedule plotted out for them and would not hestitate to send anyone who didn't comply back to France.

Whilst the French education system had some differences in terms of the content they taught in lessons such as History, the core principles of Transfiguration or Charms were pretty similar. Somehow Meera had never noticed that Madem Pince infact held translations of some textbooks in her library and the dust crusted volumes had been rather useful to the French students.

Their conversation was sparse but nonetheless interesting despite the language barrier. "...so my dad went up to the waitress and he could have ordered in English...you know pointed at the menu or somthing, but no he had to be a show off. He went up there and with utmost confidence he said: 'Je suis la limonade.' " Evie finished.

"Non!" one of the girls exclaimed. Evie nodded solemnly. Despite hearing this story being told many times by Evie it was one that never failed to make Meera laugh at least a little due to the sheer absurdity of the situation.

"So tell me...how do you two know Harris?" Freya asked after their laughter subsided.

"He moved here a while ago and since then has become a really good friend of ours...wait you know Harris?" Meera asked, just clocking that the Beauxbatons girl's question.

"Were you guys friends in Beauxbatons?" Evie asked.

"Friends would be an understatement." a heavily accented voice interjected before Freya could say anything. "From what I remember my friend and yours were...zey were very close."

The veela girl Meera had seen was leaning against a bookshelf next to Freya's armchair. Freya's gaze remained averted. "Thank you for that Fleur."

"Harris never mentioned you." Evie said, straightening in her seat a little.

"We didn't end on the best terms Evie, but I have no hard feelings. I'm sure from the time you guys have been friends you know what a great guy he is...kind of guy who's hard to hate or dislike for long." Freya smiled. "So tell me has Harris entered the tournament? I mean I wouldn't be surprised, he did always love having an opportunity to showcase his tricks to people."