Chapter 2 ✓

18TH AUGUST 1994 - 9:00 AM

They parted from the Weasleys who went towards a cottage that branched off from the main path. As the five of them continued on the path. Harris and Evie were having a rather heated discussion with Mr Diggory.

After a few minutes, Harris shook his head and rose his hand and it began to look a lot more like an argument. Meera noticed Cedric chuckling and nudged him. "What's so funny?"

"They're talking about tents. Specifically, how many tents and who would pay for it." Cedric explained. "Harris and Evie insist on keeping the one that they booked together and that they'll pay for it, My dad says that our one will suffice and he'll pay for it because he's the adult. The two of them aren't too pleased with that."

Meera sighed. "They could just split the cost."

"Well my dad doesn't want Harris to burn out his savings. He's been living with us during summer and so my dad kinda sees him as one of his own so he doesn't want him to feel like he should pay." Cedric shrugged.

"Well why doesn't he want Evie to pay?" Meera asked.

"Because he thinks a man shouldn't have his date pay." Cedric replied. "Considering he's paying for Harris he's also paying for Evie."

"Date?"

"Oh, come on Meera you're not that oblivious are you?" Cedric asked.

"No, I'm not. If he'd asked her out or she'd asked him out I'd know. They're still at the 'just friends' border ." Meera disagreed.

"Sometimes friendships just phase into relationships you know...things just happen. You weren't here for half of summer who knows what's changed." Cedric shrugged.

Meera wanted to disagree with him, but part of her knew he might be right. She really hadn't spent that much time with Harris and Evie this summer, Evie is her best friend, though she'd know if something had changed in her best friend's life right? "Personally, I don't think friendships can just become relationships without any sign of awkwardness Diggory, its a thin line sometimes, but a very hard one to cross."

Around 10 minutes later the five of them arrived at a slightly larger cottage and they entered it quickly. In the cottage there was a tall man with slightly greying hair. He seemed quite oblivious to the approaching party and from the Muggle money that was ordered in near piles on his desk Meera deduced that he was unaware of the true nature of this event and place.

"Diggory, one tent, booked a couple of weeks ago." Mr Diggory said curtly.

The Muggle man looked up after considering his list. "Yes...you are. Just one night, correct?"

Mr Diggory nodded and reached into his bag and retrieved a purse. It contained a lot of Muggle money which the man eyed quite greedily. Oblivious to this Mr Diggory took it out and gestured to his son.