Chapter 26

CHAPTER 26

Recommended song: HighRise by LeRoyce

April 25th, 2020

Time: 12:01 AM

Sleeping soundly in your bed, you turned around subconsciously to get comfortable within the soft blanket.

The streets outside were pitch black except for a few dim lamp posts providing enough light for the human eyes to see. It was midnight, most of Hyogō's residents were dead asleep right now, including you. Resting up for the approaching morning, you buried yourself in the arms of sleep. Nothing could disturb your deep slumber.

*RING*

Well, almost nothing.

The taunting sound of your phone going off woke up the once silent room. Stirring awake, you let out a tired groan as you reached for your phone. Not checking who was calling, you answered the call with a groggy voice.

"Hello?"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY (Y/N)!" Three loud and energetic voices said through the phone.

In your slightly awoken state, you could barely identify who the voices belonged to. They had started singing the happy birthday song, surprisingly all in tune.

"HAPPPYYYY BIRRRTHDAYYYYY TOOOO YOUUUUU." They said in a booming tone that made you slightly wince.

"Uhm who is this?" You say, now fully awake and confused about what just happened.

"It's me, Atsumu, Suna and 'Sumu." Atsumu says in a cheerful voice. You could practically sense his huge grin through the phone.

Laughing lightly you begin. "Thank you, but was it really necessary to call me at 12 in the morning?" You say with a light chuckle.

"It was very necessary, it's your birthday." Suna says through the phone.

"Yeah, we wanted to be the first ones to say it." Osamu says.

"Anyways, I'm taking you somewhere in the morning so be ready, Goodbye!" Atsumu says loudly while hanging up the phone soon after.

"Goodbye..." You say slightly confused.

Looking down at your phone you see that your friend from Tokyo had messaged you wishing you a happy birthday. Smiling, you reply with a 'Thank you' before turning off your phone and covering yourself with the blankets.

Quickly feeling the sleep creeping up, you closed your eyes and quickly fell asleep. A smile etched on your face knowing the people you cared about were here to celebrate with you.

———————————————————————————

Time: 10:02 AM

"Happy birthday (Y/N)!"

Slowly opening your eyes, you tried your best to adjust to the light beaming through your window.

Once your vision became more clear, you saw your mother happily walking towards the desk next to your bed while placing down a wooden tray. Looking at the tray you smiled seeing that there were pancakes along with your (F/D).

The pancakes on the plate were in the shape of a balloon with small chocolate chips spelling out 'Happy Birthday'. On the side of the plate, she had cut up a few strawberries along with blueberries and raspberries that formed the shape of the string.

"I hope you like it." She said while giving you a small side hug. "You're finally 16." She says while wiping away her nonexistent tears.

"Thank you mom." You said while laughing at her dramatic behavior.