18) Like a Sandalwood's Scent

Am I in some fairytale? Aadya wondered lightly tracing her fingertips on the wooden surface of grand piano.

Who plays this piano? Is it Rudra, Vikram or Digvijay?

Tearing her eyes away from the grand piano she looked at the glorious library she was in.

Indeed she was in a fairytale.

Thousands of books surrounding her each encompassing a different world in them. She was tempted to just go and open the crisp pages of those old classical novels. But she restrained herself.

She is alone, they are not here. How can she touch anything in their absence. She knew how expensive those books were.

"Rudra had said, we own everything in here" her subconscious reminded. Telling her to go and satisfy her longing to explore the world inside those books.

She shook her head and hugged herself tightly as the cold wind coming from the open window touched her skin.

How can she forget to bring a sweater? It's chilly December evening!

She glanced at the big round clock hanging on the wall. It's been only five minutes Vikram had gone leaving her alone here.

Whatever work he was doing before coming home. It was sure exhausting. He was looking so worn out. His always perfectly styled dark brown hair were so messy and the crisp white shirt wrinkled. He was in a dire need of a warm relaxing shower.

"What work you were doing?" she had asked him. Breaking the silence engulfing them.

His eyes sharpened on her question. His demeanor changed by her simple question.

"Attending a meeting" his reply curt and short.

"Hmm" she hummed. Not exactly believing him.

"Go and have a warm relaxing shower. You need one" she had said.

"No. Not leaving you alone here" he refused in a second.

"Vikram I am alright. Go and have a shower. You are looking so exhausted" she insisted him.

"You are acting like a wife" he had softly said tilting his head on one side. A ghost of smile on his handsome face.

God. He is looking so cute! her subconscious gushed.

"I am not acting like a wife. I am only being nice to you. So don't assume anything else mister" rolling her eyes Aadya had said with a tint of pink appearing on her cheeks.

He laughed and standing up from his chair, he holds his hand out to her.

Aadya looked up at him in question, then looked at his hand frowning.

"Let's go" he said and with out thinking twice she put her hand on his.

His hands were rough, strong. His knuckles battered, so contrast on her smooth,soft hands.

"Where are we going?" she asked as they passed through several doors.

"It's a small library. We don't use it often. We can have a talk here" he said opening the door of the small yet a stunning library.

"It's beautiful" she whispers looking around.

"Will you be alright here alone?" he had asked. He wished she will say no, he did not wanted to leave her behind alone.

"Yes" she had gave him a nod.

"Are you sure ? I can wait until Rudra or Vijay comes. Their call must be finished by now" he asked again.