Chapter 29- Police Business Only

ابدأ من البداية

"That's like the only thing I know about you." I flipped him off and went back to the folders I was organizing. Uncle Lio was either a hard ass or a 12 year old boy, there was usually no in between.

"What do you got for me, Lio?" Dad asked when he got back with a steaming mug in his hands.

"I know what you got. A disrespectful daughter who's giving me the finger."

I had meant to hide it when he got back, but as it turns out my middle finger was still silently attacking Uncle Lio. Dad gave a blank glance at me and then looked back at him.

"Then stop bothering my daughter." See, dad was cool sometimes. I made a face at Uncle Lio and then he mocked my face and gave me the finger too.

"Aurelio, focus, please. What was the follow-up on the noise complaint I asked you to check on?

"Oh, no worries on that. Just a couple of middle school kids setting off some firecrackers. Davis and I took care of it."

Dad nodded his head in response. He snapped his fingers as he remembered something. "I need to run you on some new details for the robbery case." He glanced at me for a moment. "We can talk about it in the conference room."

"Oh come on dad, I'm bored, give me something," I complained.

"Here," He said handing me a short stack of new folders. "This should keep you busy." He knew that's not what I meant.

"Happy stacking," Uncle Lio grinned out the door.

I grumbled to myself as I kept organizing. It was about ten minutes into it when I had accidentally knocked over a folder from the edge of the desk.

I cursed as I bent down to pick up the fallen papers. As I reached for a stack, I momentarily. This was a red file folder, I knew what red meant. Dad only used red folders for special cases that had his attention but kept them to himself for when he could gather enough evidence to bring it to the rest of the force.

I was bored, so obviously I snooped. You try ignoring a whole ass case file that's been spilled open and the details were staring at you in the face.

It was a thin file, only a few printed papers inside. With the papers labeling information were a few pictures of a man at from different angles. I could tell from the first picture that he had dark short trimmed hair. He looked tall.

In the second picture, he was on the phone standing next to a car. It was a little closer at this angle and I noticed his hair was sprinkled with white strands.

The last picture was almost head-on. His face was in focus and I was able to see that he had green eyes. He also had obvious stubble growing on his jaw and starting on his cheeks. That wasn't the most obvious thing about him though, It was the scar he had on the side of his face. It went from the edge of his eyebrow and down to the side of his jaw.

I skipped over the pictures and flipped to the information my dad was targeting him for. Some of it was hard to read. These weren't printed notes, this was my dad's chicken scratch of handwriting.

I was able to pick up small things here and there.

Name: Giovani Bruno

Description: late 40's. Six foot two, give or take a few inches. Green eyes. Long scar on right side of face. Brown hair.

Wanted? Possible Human Trafficker.

Scribbled to the side and written at an angle was: May have heard about him from three counties over.

Usual victims: Mainly women, younger age group (18-25?)

More info with official case file. Waiting on Fairfall County.

The name of FairFall County was familiar. Dad was complaining about it one night. He said they had been going through weather outages. This meant that dad would have to wait for the files the old-fashioned way of paper mail instead of a quick fax over.

I heard footsteps from down the hall. It gave me a jump start to stuff the papers back into his file. I was just putting it back with the other files when dad came through the door again.

I gave him a quick smile before throwing myself back into my work, pretending like I hadn't been reading through his stuff.

Thinking back over it though, I had the strangest feeling about it. I couldn't shake the sense that something about that man was almost ... familiar.

A/N:I promise for Rowlan moments next update ;)

A/N:
I promise for Rowlan moments next update ;)

(Update 6/7/22):
Now I know you guys have seen the new season of Stranger Things... that is why the only acceptable face claim for Rowena's dad is Enzo... AKA Tom Wlaschiha