44. Stars and Stripes

"We've got to figure out how that serum still exists and where it's coming from." I said as we walked towards the airport that was now miles away.

"Yeah that and how after 80 years there's 8 super soldiers minimum running around." Sam said shaking his head.

I heard a car horn honk behind us and I turned around to see dumb and dumber in the back of a Jeep and I turned around and shook my head. I eyed Sam who looked pissed off. The Jeep pulled up next to us and slowed down. The blonde man was looking at us with a warm smile but it didn't make me feel very warm, it made me want to punch him.

"Well that didn't go as planned, hu?" John asked trying to smile at us.

He opened the back door of the Jeep for us. Sam and I both kept our eyes straight forward refusing to even acknowledge him. I heard door close and the Jeep started to move again. I wasn't interested in anything to do with him. He showed up as cocky as ever and then got his ass kicked like the rest of us.

"Look at least we know what we're up against now right?" He said and I once again refused to even acknowledge him.

"No you don't." Falcon said shaking his head.

"I mean they're clearly androids, they're insanely strong and calculated." He said and I finally cracked a laugh.

"Yeah no, they're super soldiers big brain." I said laughing at him.

"Super soldiers, for real?" Lemar asked who sounded a bit less annoying but I still didn't like him.

"Are you really going to question my judgment on that one?" I asked because if anyone here knew a what a super soldier looked like, it was me. Not to mention we already knew there was at least a few, we were just surprised by how many.

"Wow, alright we'll then we gotta work together." John said.

"Yeah no." I said shaking my head. "That's not happening."

"We stand a much better chance-"

"Just cause you carry that shield doesn't mean you're Captain America." I said coldly.

"Look I've done the work okay?" He said and I just looked at him with awe almost laughing on instinct.

"Right and I'm Dr.Strange. Good joke." I said shaking my head ready to blow this mans tires so we could walk in piece.

"Guys it's 20 miles to the airport, you need a ride." He said and he stopped the Jeep and opened the back door again. "Come on, get in."

I felt Sam pull my arm and pulled me towards Jeep. I groaned and got in sitting down across from him and his sidekick. I crossed my arms and looked out the back of the Jeep. I didn't want to be here, but I'd be lying if I said my body didn't hurt. I wasn't used to getting my ass kicked anymore since my 5 year hiatus.

"Okay so we've got 8 super soldiers on a bulk supply run." He said. "The question is why."

"Their whole campaign is to take things back to the way they were before the blip. I think they're just trying to help." Sam said shrugging.

"Yeah well that's a pretty funny way of showing it." I said snapping slightly.

"That serum doesn't exactly have a great track record. No offense." John said eyeing me and I just glared at him.

"If I punch him is the United Nations going to come for me?" I asked turning straight to Lemar who just nodded looking at little uncomfortable.

I glared at John again before looking out the back of the Jeep. The urge to sock this man right in his smug face was unreal. I wanted nothing to do with him unless it was to punch him or take my shield back. I don't think the UN could have given it to anyone stupider.