•Twenty Seven•

"Listen, I know what it sounds like." The man Scott said.

"Tony after everything you've seen is anything really-"

"Quantum fluctuations mess with the Planck scale which then triggers the Deutsch proposition, can we agree on that?" He asked looking to the three of them.

Bucky and I sat of two of the porch rockers Tony had and we remained silent. When they showed up and pitched us this insane idea I knew this wasn't a conversation to have with us. I knew about Tony and his lab work and I could understand computer hacking and coding, but this was far beyond my vocabulary.

"What does that mean?" Steve asked softly sounding defeated because he clearly didn't understand what Tony had even said.

"It means you're not coming home." Tony said adamantly.

"I did." Scott said firmly.

"No you accidentally survived, that's completely different. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke." He said flatly. "And now you want to pull off... what do you call it?"

"Uh, a time heist." Scott said trying to smile. His plan was to go back in time to get all the stones and undo what Thanos did. As amazing as it sounded there was a lot of complicated details that didn't sound easy to iron out.

"Yeah, a time heist. Why haven't I thought of this before? Because it's laughable, cause it's a pipe dream." Tony said shaking his head.

"The stones are in the past, we can go back and find them." Steve said trying to help Scott.

"We can go back in time and snap our own fingers and bring everyone back." Nat said.

"Or screw it up worse then he already has, right?" Tony asked shaking his head.

"I don't believe we would." Steve said coldly.

"I've got today say this, sometimes I miss that giddy optimism. However, high hopes won't help if there's no logical tangible way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe the most likely outcome will be our collective demise." Tony said and I sighed and buried my head in my hands.

"Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel. That means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events-"

"I'm going to stop you right there Scott, are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on Back to the Future?" Tony asked leaning forward.

"No." Scott said slowly exhaling in defeat.

"Good, because you had me worried there for a moment, cause that would be horse shit. That's not how quantum physics works." He said firmly.

"Tony we have to take a stand." Nat said hoarsely.

"We did stand, and yet here we are." Tony said softly looking up to her.

"I know you've got a lot on the line, a wife, a daughter, I mean a family here, but I lost someone very important to me." Scott said speaking seriously for a moment. "A lot of people did and now we have a chance to bring her back, a chance to bring everyone back and you're going to tell me-"

"That's right Scott I won't." Tony said gently. "I can't."

"Tony what about Peter?" I asked hardly even wanting to speak at all, but he wasn't even hearing them out.

"No, don't you pull that card." He said snapping and turning around to face me. "And don't think I don't know about your monthly calls to SHEILD, I know all about those. Don't think for a second I don't know how little you've really stepped back."