•Twenty•

The flight to Wakanda was quick and quiet. Steve and Nat ended up coming along as well, but they seemed fairly tired. There was this sensation of dread in the air and I think we all felt it. We had no idea what was coming but we all knew from what Banner had told us, it wasn't good.

Wanda was huddled next to Vision and I found their relationship quite weird. Not so much as a personality thing, they seemed good for each other. However, the fact that he wasn't a human at all, he was a robot. I teased Bucky with the 'Robo-Bitch' comment, but I couldn't imagine how that would even work. Either way they seemed happy and I guess that's all that mattered.

The plane was in stealth mode as we flew and I could instantly tell once we had made it to Africa. The coastal areas had large cliffs and mountains that reached out for miles in a dark red sand. However, once we had made it inland it was rich with dark green fields and forests. I heard Wakanda was a very technologically advanced place but all I could see was forests and jungles. I was a little worried what the response was going to be because I had remembered hearing that attacked some of their people.

It wasn't until we passed what seemed to be a forcefield did I see the large city change from green wooden area to a large and beautifully crafted city. I was amazed for a small second but Bucky seemed relaxed. I looked to him with confusion and he just smiled softly. It was almost shocking to see the sudden change.

"I stayed here for a short while before the Avengers called me in." He said softly.

I nodded and looked back out the front window of the aircraft. It was a gorgeous place and I would have probably enjoyed it a bit more if it had only been under different circumstances that we were here. I sat tight where I was, but I was excited to get this Mind Stone removed so that we could destroy it.

The ship landed next to the large building I had seen when we had first entered. We got out of the ship and we were met by T'Challa's family and court. I stayed by Bucky and he was treated by several warm faces. Clearly they liked him because we had received a very warm welcome. I was glad I was at least with him because I was worried how they'd receive me as myself. At least he clearly trusted me and they trusted him.

We were instantly taken back my his sister Shuri to her laboratory. She seemed very talkative and excited to work on the Mind Stone. If I didn't trust T'Challa as much as I did I might have been a little wary. However, once I saw her lab I saw this was more than just her job, this girl practically lived down here. She showed us all the various machines and equipment she had and planned to use.

She then said she just wanted to run some diagnostic tests before she got started on actually removing it tomorrow. Wanda stayed by his side and Shuri let her while she did her exams. T'Challa took us 4 remaining back to the main area and he showed us to our rooms. There really wasn't much to do here as guests, but it looked very busy. It was a hidden utopia, no one would ever know all of the amazing things that were here unless they knew where to look.

Nat was to the left, Steve was to the right and Bucky and I shared a room right in the middle. I was comforted by the fact that we were so close to the others. I knew this place was extremely safe for us as it was, but it was nice having them right outside. Bucky and I went in and found our suitcases set inside. We had a decent size room with a nice view of the land that surrounded us. Bucky closed the door behind me and I walked around the room slowly with my arms crossed.

"You're awfully quiet." He said and I turned around and nodded. "What's going on?"

"Something just feels off, you can't say that you don't feel it too." I said in an uncertain voice.

"I'm worried just like everyone else." He said nodding. "Do you not feel safe?"

"No I mean I do, I just- I don't know." I said exhaling.