43. When it Rains

"I can't believe Bucky thinks I'm Louisiana helping your sister." I said with my head in my hands. "That was a horrible cover story there's no way he actually believed it."

"Relax, what he doesn't know won't hurt him." Sam said messing with Red Wing.

"Easy for you to say." I said getting to my feet.

"Come on, we're just following a lead. We'll be back before breakfast." He said as his friend Torres came out from the cockpit.

"You both ready?" He asked walking over and opening the door to the plane we had been flying in for about an hour now.

"I am but I don't think missy over here is used to the sky's like I am." He said eyeing me and I just rolled my eyes.

"I was jumping out of planes at 12, you know the whole child assassin thing?" I said shaking my head. "I'll be fine."

"Alright, I guess I'll see you down there." He said as we walked over to door.

"I'll race you." I said tightening my straps on my chute.

"You've got a deal." He said laughing and I stepped backwards out of the plan and when flying towards the ground.

It was exhilarating jumping like this again. I frankly couldn't even remember a time I had to skydive like this in the last decade. It felt insane with the wind flying over me like this. The area we were landing in wasn't anything more than a bunch of industrial building, but it was nice to see it from all the way up.

I saw Sam just above me and I would have normally pulled my chute around now because we were getting close, but I didn't want to lose. I kept my hand on the pull tab waiting for the very last second. I was so focused I didn't even notice Sam at my side. I looked to him and he reached over and grabbed my pull tab forcing me to deploy my chute. I wasn't to yell at him, but I don't think we wanted to exactly land so loudly.

I coasted towards the ground and I landed just outside of a hanger building Sam landed next to. I ripped off my chute and gather it all up in my hands. I dumped it in a trash can so no one could find it out in the open. I walked up to Sam and I could see his silent, but egotistical grin.

"That was cheating." I grumbled.

"You didn't say it was a rule." I didn't even bother responding.

We needed to clear out this building because we had gotten leads that some Flag Smashers were transporting stuff to and from here. We didn't exactly know what they were transporting but we were here for more than just one answer.

We walked through the building and the next few over. Not much came of it and most everything looked abandoned. Just as I was about to get irritated with Sam bringing me literally to a separate continent for nothing, but I caught sight of a few people. My hand flew up to stop him from walking out in the open.

"There's 3 of them." I said in a hushed tone as we were hidden behind a stack of pallets.

"There's 5." He said in a whisper.

"No there's not there's only 3."  I said shaking my head. He help up a scanner from Red Wing and it showed like 7 people.

"Definitely more than 3." He said looking at his scanner.

"What are they putting in the truck?" I asked him.

"I don't know but look inside the van." He said pointing at his scanner again.

Inside the truck there was a smaller figure curled up. The truck doors shut leaving whoever that was in there. I looked to Sam who was watching them like a hawk.