Chapter Ten: Mind Games

*YOU ARE NOW READING: MIND GAMES BY STARCLAW123* *SOME CHARACTERS BELONG TO EagletheLingleHorn*

CHAPTER TEN: MIND GAMES

The great detectives, The Secret Keepers, were on their way to put this case to an end. It all had made sense but it was time for them to finally capture the person behind the mind games. Emma Green.
Emma was getting ready as a normal day at school when she saw a car approaching her house. Emma didn't live in the dorms like everyone else. She lived in a separate house which Kelsey and Dylan figured out a long time ago.

When the Keepers had reached the house, Kelsey then looked at Jayden with a sigh. She really hoped that he wasn't gonna leave like he told her. She then realized that the Keepers could possibly become strangers. They were strangers before but what if they went back to their normal ways? Dylan and Lily start their own team, Jayden going back to his hometown, Cyan becoming the class clown and her? Well, she would still be invisible like she always was before.

"I'm going," She told the crew looking at them as she got out of the car. "Everyone knows their positions, yes?" She asked as everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

"Dylan and Jayden, mind battle. Lily and Cyan, distract." She repeated as she headed to the house as Jayden drove off.

When they got to the field, Jayden and Cyan took their positions.

"Jay-Jay?" Cyan asked. "Do you like Kelsey?"

Jayden blinked, nobody really asked him about who he liked. It had been forever since he liked somebody. Back in his hometown, thousands of girls had a crush on him but he felt like his person wasn't there.

Now a crush on Kelsey? Kelsey was different then any girl that he had ever met. Kelsey had those beautiful eyes and a beautiful personality. The fact that her and him used to hate each other was a understatement. Now, he couldn't get enough of her. That night in the file room had changed the way that he saw himself and the world. Kelsey lit up his world.

"Why do you say that?" Jayden asked as he sat down waiting for Kelsey's signal.

"Because I think she likes you!" Cyan said clapping his hands. "Is she pretty?"

"I think she's gorgeous, yes." Jayden smiled as he looked at Cyan. "Yes, I like her. I like her a lot."

"Like how much?" Cyan asked with his cyan eyes glowing. He acted like a little brother asking 21 questions.

"A lot.." He smiled winking. "But I doubt that she likes me back. Now, let's focus on this mission."

Dylan was holding Lily's hands looking at her in the eyes. "You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine." She smiled looking in his blue eyes.

Dylan then gave her a small kiss on the cheek letting Lily spread her wings and fly off in her position.

The plan was now in section. Kelsey walked to Emma's house and knocked on her door. Kelsey then took a deep breath and waited for Emma to open the door.

Emma opened the door and saw Kelsey Kane in front of her eyes. Her heart felt like it stopped cause she knew why she was here but she pretended to be lost.

"Kelsey," Emma smiled. "What are you doing here?"
"I know what you and Polly did. You killed Jeff Johnson." She said looking in Emma's eyes.

"What are you talking about?" Emma asked looking confused.

"You know what you did. Polly is caught so you're next." She hissed. Emma's eyes went wide as she tried to escape. Kelsey ran after her turning invisible; she appeared right in front of Emma, but Emma escaped by an escaping door heading towards the field. Kelsey then tackled Emma to the ground when Emma tried to pin her down.

"Looks like you have a crew now," She smiled to Kelsey. "What would happen if you turned against them?"

"No!" Kelsey said as she tried to block Emma out of her mind. Kelsey tried to remember the good memories of her and the Keepers to fight off the evil. She felt like she was getting weaker and weaker.
Lily then saw what was happening snd she took Emma's arms lifting her up in the air to the field.

"Let go of me!" Emma said struggling as Lily put her down causing Dylan and Jayden to trap her in a net. Emma then tried to escape but Dylan made sure that she didn't mind control anyone. The police showed them arresting Emma for the crimes that she had committed.

"Wait, where's Kelsey?" Cyan asked looking around.
"Kelsey!" He yelled as he ran around the field looking for her.

Kelsey was laying unconscious on the field when Cyan spotted her. "Kelsey!" He then bent down shaking her. "Kes-Kes?"

Kelsey tried to open her eyes but she was too weak and had no strength left in her.

Cyan's eyes filled with tears. "No, no, no!" He cried as he put his hand on her chest trying to heal her.
"Come on! Come on!" He said as his powers weren't working. "Jay-Jay!"

"What happened?" Jayden asked as he slid on the ground next to Kelsey.

"I can't heal her," Cyan said sobbing.

"Jayden? Is that you?" Kelsey asked as she tried to open her eyes.

"When is it not me?" Jayden smiled as he tried to make a small joke to get her to laugh.

"Did.. did we win?" She asked coughing.

"Yeah, we did." He smiled as he tried not to let his tears fall down. "Hey, why don't you get up?"

"I can't," She said coughing. She then slowly closed her eyes since she was too weak to stay awake.

"Kelsey?" Cyan asked shivering. "We need to take her to a hospital."

"A hospital won't do her any good!" Jayden slammed his hand on the ground.

"Jayden, we need to." Dylan hissed. "Or she won't make it. We need to get her there."

Suddenly, a car appeared and Lashin appeared. Everyone turned to see her walking out.

"Sorry, I heard that somebody needed me." She said as she saw Kelsey on the ground.

"Can you heal her?" Lily asked Lashin pleading for help.

"I can't, that's Jayden's job." She said as Jayden picked Kelsey up supporting her head with his hand.
He then got in Lashin's car in the backseat holding Kelsey close to him. Lily, Dylan, and Cyan got in as Lashin stepped on the gas speeding to the hospital.

TO BE CONTINUED