Chapter 29

───≍✤≍───∘∙❖∙∘───≍✤≍───

The Revenge of Acreya

Acreya proudly stood in front of her house. She spent a lot of years working nonstop just to build this humble home for her and her sister. She wants Athanasia to live here happily, where she would be loved.

"Tomorrow I'll start my journey back to Obelian." The last word came out bitter. The memories she built there were nothing but pain. Acreya was mistreated by the maids in Sapphire Palace, either saying hurtful words or beating her. Having enough of them, she ran away, leaving her seven-year-old sister.

A loud sigh escapes her lips as she recalls those painful days, but a small smile curls her lips as she recalls sneaking out just to visit her younger sister at the Ruby Palace.

She would secretly watch her sister, making sure she was all right and eating well. Acreya loves her sister dearly because she's the child of a woman who gave warmth and love to her, even just for three years.

The next morning, just as she promised, she packed the things that she would need on her way back to Obelian. It was a month-long trip.

Day by day, Acreya's excitement grows; she can't wait to see her lovely sister. How would she react once she saw her? Would she be mad? Would she believe her? Acreya preferred all the answers to whatever question Athanasia might have asked.

"My dear, Athy."

Upon arriving at the Obelian Kingdom, the people seem to be lively. Wherever she looks, there is a smile on their lips. Was it a festival? Coronation? Ah, right! It was her sister's birthday! They must be celebrating Athanasia's birthday. Has Claude finally changed? Did he finally love and care for his daughter?

"The villainess is finally dead!"

"Have you heard that today is her execution!"

"She'd better be dead! How could she poison princess Jennette!"

Her mind was spiraling. Unfamiliar name being called "princess" instead of her sister's name. Villainess' execution on the day of her dear Athanasia's birthday. Mindlessly, she ran to the town center as fast as she could. She doesn't care who she runs into, she needs to be certain, she needs to know.