Chapter 16

───≍✤≍───∘∙❖∙∘───≍✤≍───

After a week and four days, the squad came back to the Palace like they were sent to the battlefield because of how much blood was in their clothes. They successfully wipe the lurking monster at the Southeast border and some monster they met on their way back.

The only questions left were, where did they come from. On their investigation, there's no sign of the monsters having lived there or born there which means they come through portals just to create havoc.

'Who might the person who sends them?'

'What was his/her purpose?'. Those questions haven't been answered and it is itching Acreya.

Acreya sat on her bed patting the Falcon's head. The bird was almost dead when she found her on the border, luckily one of the magicians knows how to treat a wounded bird. From that time the bird didn't leave her side.

"Azula". She called the bird's chirp as it nuzzled on her fingers.

"Azula, can you do me a favor and send this letter to Ijekiel?". The bird tilted her head to the side before staring at the small piece of rolled paper. Azula raises her feet indicating to Acreya to tie it to her.

"Oh my! My Azula is smart". The blonde couldn't help but nuzzle at the bird, at how cute and smart she was.

"Oh, right, you didn't know what Ijekiel looks like". Acreya walks towards the desk with Azula on her shoulder, she pulls out a piece of paper and the pen before doing a quick sketch of Ijekiel. With an arrow indicating his eye and hair color.

Azula took the paper with her beak and flew to Acreya's hand.

"You can find him at the Academy". The blonde opened her window and set the bird off.

"Look at that!". A student pointed at the bird who was flying above them.

"Who's that bird belongs to?". One asked. A few minutes passed and a certain boy went out of the academy with his friends.

"What a beautiful bird". Enrich pointed out, making the three look up at where he was staring at. Ijekiel's golden eyes met the bird's dark orbs. To their surprise, the birds dive towards them. Ijekeil raised his forearm as the bird settled on it. A paper in the bird's beak caught his attention.

"I didn't know you have a pet, Ijekiel". Cabel said but the said boy denied it. Ijekiel then took the paper on the bird's beak to his surprise it was a sketch of him. 

"Droopy eyes" pfft

"Droopy eyes" pfft."

"Antenna hahaha". Both Cabel and Enrich laughed at what was written on the paper, while Eugene was amused by the sketch.

"Who might it be?" Eugene confusedly hummed, until the bird raised its feet, showing the paper attached to it.

"Oh, a letter." Enrich and Cabel eagerly said. Ijekiel gently took the papers and read the content.

Ijekiel If you're reading this letter, then Azula did a great job delivering it to you. As you know, I just came back from the expedition. Let's meet tomorrow afternoon at the fountain where you first saw me.

-Creya

A smile forms on his lips as he re-reads the letter again, while the three siblings throw him a teasing look.

"I didn't know you were a playboy, Ijekiel. First Lady Angel, then the first princess, and now Creya". Eugene shakes his head in disbelief.

Ijekiel didn't pay any mind to his friends since they wouldn't even listen to him. The boy just passed them and went to their dorm to write a response.

"Thank you, Azula. Return safely to the Princess." With that, the bird left.

I received your letter without any damage, thanks to Azula. I'm also delighted to have received a sketch that the Princess personally drew. Cabel and Enrich couldn't stop calling me "antenna" and "droopy eyes." It's all thanks to the Princess.

Acreya laughs at that part.

I can't wait to see you again, Princess. Thank you for giving me a chance to meet you again. 

-Ijekiel

The next day, Ijekiel waited for Acreya at the place she mentioned in the letter. He peeks at the water, checking his appearance for the fifth time. A tap on his left shoulder caught his attention. When he looked at whom it was, he was greeted by no one. But Ijekiel was surprised to see the Princess on his right, grinning widely at him.

"That surprised me, Princess." Acreya chuckled.

"Address me as Creya, Ijekiel." She smiled, a hue of red forming on his cheeks as he called the Princess by her name.

"Let's go." Acreya held his hand as she pulled him into the crowds. Ijekiel was daze at how beautiful her smile was.

───≍✤≍───∘∙❖∙∘───≍✤≍───