Chapter 23

───≍✤≍───∘∙❖∙∘───≍✤≍───

A year flew by so fast, and it was finally Acreya's debut. For the past months, the palace has been busy preparing for Acreya's banquet. The Imperial servants did all they could to throw a magnificent ball for the Princess. They wanted to throw the greatest party for the Princess, from the finest silk used for decoration to the top tier meal and dessert prepared. The imperial servants put their hearts into this event and wanted the best for the Princess, who always gives her all for her people. 

It is no lie that the people of Obelian love and cherish the first princess. Even the people outside of the banquet are celebrating the debut of Acreya.

"Princess Athanasia de Alger Obelia and Lucas, The Great Magician of Black Magic!" After announcing Anastasia with Lucas as her partner, Acreya and Claude stood behind the door.

"Are you nervous?" Claude asks his daughter. Acreya flashes her a reassuring smile and says

"I'm not because I'm with you, Father."

"Good, it was them who should be nervous." Acreya chuckled at her father before placing her hand on Claude's when their names were called.

"Make way for his majesty, Emperor Claude de Alger Obelia and his highness, Princess Acreya Daella de Alger Obelia." Everyone respectfully bows their heads to the two blondes.

No one could dare to throw a dirty look at Acreya, not because she was with her father but because they didn't have anything to corner her except for the incident that happened fifteen years ago when her mother killed herself.

Acreya accomplished many things at a young age. She became Claude second hand when it came to leading the Empire. She solves a lot of cases and helps a lot of people. They can't just blatantly point their finger at the first princess if they still value their lives.

Acreya politely bowed to her father before placing her hand on his palm. The beautiful melody flew in the air as Claude and Acreya danced. None of them make any mistakes.

Everyone who was watching them was bewitched by the beauty held by the two royalties. Acreya twirls around, her beautiful light blue gown fits her perfectly.

"I see, you practiced hard." Acreya giggled.

"Of course, father, I don't want to step on your foot."

"I might get executed if I carelessly step on your foot, father." He chuckled.

"You're beautiful, my daughter." Even though Claude said it with a straight face, Acreya couldn't help but smile at the compliment.

"I got it from you, Father."

"Well, that makes sense." Acreya laughs at her father's teasing while Claude's lips form a small smile. It's a rare occurrence for the nobles to see the cold blooded emperor smile. This is just one more proof that Acreya held a place in Claude's heart.