2. It has only just begun

Start from the beginning

Mark looks around the room but doesn't see another post-it, so he decides to search the draws just like he did in every other room. This seemed to be 'Y's bedroom. He looks through the drawers but finds either fashionable clothes or personal items like combs, hair styling stuff, hair ties, headphones, chargers and notebooks... NOTEBOOKS! Mark grabs the notebooks and opens the first one, having a read through in thought he could maybe find out what this man wanted from him and what he was going to do so Mark could maybe avoid it.

-----

Date: 29/07

Dear Nikki,

The days have become lonely for me. I haven't been able to find any mouse to stalk and catch, no one intrigues me anymore. Everyone's just boring, they're no fun. If I do catch a mouse, they're so loud and annoying, all they do is cry and beg me to not hurt them and let them go or they threaten me that they have ties to the police or something like it's supposed to scare me. Are you kidding me? of course I'm not letting you get out of this house and of course I'm going to hurt you, it's all part of the game you idiot. What are the police going to do? catch me? fools, this is a detached house with no neighbours.

They're so B O R I N G.

I just end up killing them and chucking them wherever after a night anyway. They don't entertain me, they're not cocky, they're not bratty, they don't amuse me by doing something rude in order to look tough for example spitting at me or trying to harm me anyway. I leave all these weapons around for them and all they do is cry. Such ungrateful shits. I want them to play the game with me, I want to see that adorable determination in their eyes, determined to win this game and get out. It's so cute, them knowing they may have a slither of a chance to leave this place.

I wonder when I'll find my little mouse, I miss playtime.

- Nakamoto Yuta.

-----

"Nakamoto Yuta? he's Japanese?" Mark whispers before carefully flipping a few pages to his birthday. "Also who's Nikki?" He wondered.

-----

Date: 02/08

Dear Nikki,

Today was one of the best days I've had. I've finally found my baby mouse.

He's a little smaller than me, with dark short-ish hair, beautiful bright black orbs and from what I heard, he's from Canada. He's absolutely adorable. Seeing as today is August 2nd, he's a Leo meaning he'd most likely put up a fight. I'm so excited to see him again. I wonder what he'll be like once I have him in my house, is he just a stupid show-off Leo or is he a proper Leo, the kind of Leo that I can never get enough of, either way, he'll most likely die whether he entertains me for a while or not.

Today I'm guessing is his birthday, judging by that embarrassing birthday badge he wore saying it was his birthday. I was surprised to see him wearing a tuxedo on his own birthday. Everyone else was formally dressed but he was dressed like a young CEO. Oh, that tux did nothing but fuel my excitement. I just want to see it all tattered and ripped. I want to see his skin covered in bruises, cuts and scrapes. I want to see him cry and beg for me to stop. I want to lay him down after the fight and carefully tend to all of the injuries. I want him to need me so much that he can't stay away from me.

- Nakamoto Yuta

-----

"That's fucked up... since my birthday" Mark mutters, shoving the diary just inside the waist of his jeans so it was hidden and secure and had no chance of falling out. He walks to the other room and finds the note on the windowsill.