15th July - Dates come first, medical attention comes second Part 2

Yo this is the second out of three parts of the "dates come first, medical attention comes second" storyline requested by McBrube

I feel like I did better with this one, the past few chapters have been pretty short and crappy but I'm happy with this.

The last part should be out tomorrow!

<3

TW/CW: BLOOD

Word Count: 1610

______________________

Previously...

Dick then quickly pulled on a white button up shirt and his favourite navy blue blazer with matching bottoms. Looking in the dirty bathroom mirror, he ruffled up his hair a little, making it look better.

The vigilante sighed, gripping his hands tightly against the sink before swallowing down two painkillers to try and keep the wound at bay and not let it interrupt his night.

________________________

After that, Dick shoved his Nightwing uniform and gadgets into the duffle bag that previously contained the clothes that he was wearing now.

He checked his white button up shirt once more in the fuel station mirror to make sure that his stab wound wasn't bleeding through the shirt. Luckily for him, it wasn't. Yet. It was still pretty painful though.

Then Dick casually threw away the bloody tissues into the sanitary bin and left the bathroom, climbing into his car which was parked just outside.

The vigilante threw his duffle bag into the backseat of his car, before exiting the fuel station and turning out onto the busy roads of Blüdhaven. It was just past 11:30 at night but the roads were still packed because of how popular Blüdhaven's nightlife was. All the 'mature' adults and the people with gambling problems were the only ones out at this time, desperate to make their way to one of the city's thriving casinos. (Yes I've been reading the Nightwing Rebirth comics. Don't ask me if I've been reading them illegally online... because you already know the answer... sorry?)

Dick sighed, leaning his head against the steering wheel in defeat after seeing the miles of cars lined up in front of his own. There was a traffic jam. A damn traffic jam at 11:30pm! It was unbelievable, really. The road was completely blocked off with traffic. Hundreds of cars stuck and unable to move. Also hundreds of people getting worked up and beeping their car horns at other people, or others having full on arguments through car windows.

Dick should have known that with his luck this would happen. Only he could be that unlucky as to be extra late to his date due to a traffic jam in the middle of the night. Like, seriously?

The line up of cars moved ever-so-slightly and Dick perked his head up. Maybe it wouldn't take too long after all. But that was wishful thinking. The restaurant was only a few streets away, though. Maybe he would still get there in time to not be scowled at by Jason?

________________________

It ended up being 11:52 by the time Dick arrived at the restaurant. Moving as quickly as he could, he parked his car in the parking lot before fumbling around and rushing out of the car.

When he came into the entrance of the fancy place, a waiter came up to him and asked for a reservation name. Dick, looking nervous as ever, hoping that Jason was still here and hadn't gone home yet, answered with "Jason Todd". The extra stress from the open stab wound and the pain from every movement that he made had caused him to break out in a light sweat, only noticeable when the light glinted off his forehead slightly.