⛺A Decision(Part 2)🏫

Luke's POV

Our friends were here, supposedly for a "playdate", as Mom and Dad called it. Ugh. We weren't 3 anymore, for gods' sake!

I had gotten used to using "gods" with an "s". I loved being a demigod now, because I knew there was actually a way I could fit in. I wasn't exactly popular at elementary, and I knew things would get even worse later on.

After giving it some thought, I decided I was going to Camp Half-Blood.

Though my education was important, I could go to camp in summer and return to school after that, couldn't I?

But what if Zoë didn't want to go? Don't let her know, but I can't survive without her. I mean, she's my twin, my other half. I don't think I can go without her...

At this point, my mind was full of conflicting emotions when Jasper tapped me on the shoulder. "Did you hear what we were saying, dude?" he smirked.

I went red. "Uh, no, sorry."

Esperanza nudged Zoë and they both giggled together. I felt a pang of jealousy. Of course they were best friends. I didn't even have friends other than these guys. Zoë was so popular at school for her outgoing personality and funny antics. I was the weird brother of Zoë Sally Jackson, the introvert who didn't have any friends other than his sister's.

"Jasper said we found out we're demigods too." Sammy said quietly.

The atmosphere in the room immediately went serious.

"So are you guys going to Camp Half-Blood too? I'm going." I said after a moment's silence.

"Uh, duh!" Esperanza sprang up immediately. "I was excited for middle school, but between school and an awesome summer camp in which I'm allowed to use my powers whenever I like, learn sword fighting and sleep in bunk beds? Camp, of course!"

"Guys---" Sammy began, but he was cut off by Zoë.

"I-I dunno." she mumbled, tugging at her hair. "I mean, I actually wanna try middle school and all---"

"But you can, Zoë!" Esperanza said anxiously. "You've got to come! Anyway, I'm only going during the summer. You can do that too, can't you?"

"Guys---" Sammy tried again, but this time Jasper cut in.

"Well, I'm definitely going, though it's only for the summer holidays, like Espie said." he nodded.

"GUYS!" Sammy yelled, and we went quiet. "Did you know there's another camp for Romans called Camp Jupiter, the Roman version of Zeus?"

"Uh, so?" Zoë said, trying to figure out what he meant, but the wheels in my head started turning immediately.

"Wait a sec," I started, pacing the room. Everyone turned to look at me. "Sammy's parents are Roman, so when they were small they gone to this other camp instead. And that would also make Sammy a Roman demigod, which means..."

"He's going there instead?" Zoë cried. "But you can't, Sammy! We'll be separated!"

"That's what I was trying to tell you." Sammy said quietly, and we all stared at the ground, lost for words.

"Hey, Sammy, what if you try and convince Uncle Frank and Aunt Hazel to let you go to Camp Half-Blood instead?" Jasper suggested.

"I guess I'll try." Sammy nodded seriously.

"So, we're all going there during the summer, right? I mean, except Sammy." I asked everybody, trying to clear the tension.

It seemed Zoë had finally decided. She spoke for all of us.

"Of course we are."

AN: Sorry for the short chapter. The next will be longer, I promise! 😉