🏕Camp Half-Blood🏕(Part 2)

AN: A special POV for you guys!

Esperanza's POV

I was the first to arrive at camp with my parents, so I was impatiently waiting for the rest of my friends to arrive when I saw Zoë collapse on the ground.

I ran over, really worried. Luke had a horrified look on his face.

"I should've helped her!" he cried.

"I'll get help..." I said quietly to Zoë, then turned to Luke. "I know you should've, but now's not the time to moan about it! Watch over her now, okay?"

Luke nodded anxiously and I took off to the Apollo cabin.

"What's wrong?" Bianca Solace di Angelo cried, throwing down her ukulele.

"It's Zoë, she's unconscious!" I said. "A monster got her."

"She'll survive." A determined-looking camper jumped to his feet, holding a medical kit. "Where's she?"

I took him there. With a quick check on Zoë, he said, "She just got knocked out. A bit of rest and an ice pack, and she'll be good to go."

He somehow pulled out a stretcher out of the tiny medical kit and grunting, he lifted Zoë up. As he wheeled Zoë to the infirmary, Luke and I followed him.

"Where're your mom and dad anyway?" I asked Luke quietly as we walked along.

"They're outside camp, I think." Luke replied sadly. "They didn't make it in time to go inside the border. I hope they're safe now."

"Well, my parents are here." I said, nodding toward Cabin 9. "Dad's making something for Mom, I guess. He's always doing that."

We had reached the infirmary. Luke and I watched as Zoë was gently laid down by the Apollo camper.

"She'll be fine, right?" Luke asked him.

"Yeah, she will." the Apollo camper smiled wearily.

"Hey, guys!" I heard a call from the border.

"I think that's...Sammy!" Luke turned to me in excitement.

"Did his parents decide to let him come here?" I said back. We looked at each other, then took off running.

----🌊💖🦉----

"Where's Zoë?" Sammy asked, pulling his wheelie case with him.

"She got knocked out." answered Luke. "She's in the infirmary."

"Is she okay?" he asked anxiously.

"Yeah, she's fine." I said, then looked at his expression. "Aw. Does little Sammy have a crush on my best friend?"

"Shut up!" Sammy shoved me playfully, his face red. I noticed Luke's crestfallen face, for some reason. "Of course I don't! I'm just---worried about her, that's all. Like a friend would do. Right? Argh! I don't even know if that's true anymore!"

I burst out laughing. "So, anyway," I said once I'd finished laughing. "Which cabin are you staying in?"

"Uh, probably Hades. Like Mom, though she was at Camp Jupiter, so I dunno." Sammy shrugged. "I don't even know if I'm supposed to go here."

"'Course you are!" Luke rolled his eyes. "Hey, be where your friends are, isn't that right? I'm staying in Athena, and Zoë in Poseidon, because of our powers."

"So that would make me Hephaestus." I said. "Secret room under bed, here I come!"

"Wait a sec." Sammy said, holding up his hands. "Secret rooms? You guys have secret rooms? And what do I get in the Hades cabin? Creepy skull décor and blood-red vampire beds."

"When you say it like that, it's kinda funny." I chuckled. "Anyway, anyone seen Jas?"

Just as everyone shook their heads, we heard Jasper's voice. "I'm---coming---guys!" he panted. Next to him and also running, with a toddler in each arm, were Uncle Jason and Aunt Piper.

They collapsed inside the border. I could hear tons of angry growling outside.

"Whoa." Apparently, Sammy had had the same thoughts. "What's chasing you guys?"

"Never---mind..." Jasper clutched at his chest. "We're---safe---now."

"Where's Zoë?" Aunt Piper asked, setting her toddler on the ground. Though I'd seen the twin girls for years, I still couldn't tell apart Skye and Skylar, aside from their powers. Just then, Aunt Piper's baby coughed, and a brisk wind swirled around her. So that was Skylar then? No, wait, Skye. No---oh, damn it.

Luke and Sammy told her the story. Aunt Piper shook her head. "Those _______ monsters." she sighed irritably.

"Pipes! The kids!" Uncle Jason nudged her, horrified. Luke had the same expression as him, while Sammy, Jasper and I giggled.

"Who cares?" Aunt Piper laughed while Uncle Jason shrugged off his wailing toddler. "We're safe now."

AN: What do you guys think of the little *ahem* "love triangle" between Sammy, Zoë and Luke? Ah, drama! More on that in the next chappie. We're nearing the end of the book, btw! I'm so excited!

Also, if you guys have a preference between Sammy and Zoë (Sazoë?) or Sammy and Luke (Saluke?) lemme know in the comments!