he shakes his head at me and we leave my place. i lock the door and when i turn around karl is standing there with his hand sticking out for me to grab. i can feel myself get all blushy and i smile.

"for me?" i smile looking at him.

"only you." he bows and giggles.

i couldn't help but laugh and i grab his hand. his fingers instantly interlocked with mine and i just smiled at it. this action was so small but they way he presented it was sweet and meaningful to me.

"let's go this way. i'll guide us." he turns down a street.

"you don't know your way-"

"left!" he spins us around.

i laugh and i had to tell him to hush since it's late out. he just giggles and continued to turn down random streets with aggressive turns. we ended up reaching a main street where the lights were pretty.

"this is cool!" he looks around.

"i haven't walked down here in such a long time. i forgot how pretty this looks." i look around as well.

i look down and i notice our shadows and i smile stopping. karl comes to a stop and looks at me with his eyebrows together.

"now what was the meaning of that?" he lightly taps his one foot.

"shadows!" i smile and i point to them on the ground.

he looks down and notices how clear the silhouettes of our bodies were. he stands directly beside me and i pulled out my phone. i grab his shirt to pull him closer and i end up leaning on him. i took the picture and we both smiled and laughed about it.

"should we continue?" i ask him.

"now i'm tired.. direct us back captain luna!" karl stands straight pointing the way we walked from.

"it's been 20 minutes?!" i shake my head.

"yeah but i'm chilly." he rubs his arms.

i smile and i grab his arm and i lead us home. he ended up leading since he knows everything he said. i took this as an opportunity to take a picture and i smile.

"i wanna post on my instagram when we get to my house." i tell him.

"so.. soon? jump on my back." he stops and lowers himself.

"are you sure?" i ask him.

"do it!" he backs into me, pushing me.

i laugh and i jump up onto him and he stands up straight. his hands go under my thighs to hold me up and i wrap my arms around his neck and i hold onto him. he starts running and i can feel the chill hit my face and i just laugh. while karl was running i noticed he turned down the wrong street.

"right! right! go right not left!" i quickly tell him.

he does a quick turn and runs the correct way back, making sure to be careful of everything. we were a laughing mess and i kept directing him which ways to go and we get to a completely different street and i looked around trying to figure out where we are.

"i gotta catch my breath.. i ran to much." karl let's me down and sits on the ground.

"karl we are going farther away from my house. look it. we are here.. we were here and my house is there." i show him google maps and he just groans.

"let me rest a little bit. while i rest, tell me what you were gonna tell me inside the house before we left. you got mad at me for something but then ended up laughing." he looks at me waiting for an answer.

i felt myself freeze and i thought he would've forgotten but he didn't.

"it's just we were so close i was going to-"

"kiss me?" he sits up with a smirk.

"no! not that. i was gonna touch our noses together. like a little boop." i laugh.

"well, i'd still like a kiss.." he mumbles and looks away.

i shake my head and he stands up. he walks over to me and crouch's down. i hop on his back and i direct him the correct ways this time and we make it to the main street so we are going the right ways.

"i wanna walk." i tell him.

he lets me down and grabs my hand pulling me close to his side. i look at our hands and then i look up at him.

"it's late and i don't want anyone to snatch you." he tells me as we walk side by side.

"sure..." i joke around and he rolls his eyes.

i see a bench across the street and i look both ways before running and dragging karl behind me.

"what are you doing?!" he yells behind me.

"bench!" i laugh and pull him still.

"you are crazy!" he laughs and runs beside me.

i walk to the bench and i sit down on it. it was cold on my legs and back but it felt very nice. karl sits down next to me and left some room in between us. i notice the gap and i turn around to face him. he was looking around and i move closer to him, taking in the view and his features.

"this is a really cool street. it's beautiful when it's night." karl says as he continues to look around.

"yeah. the views beautiful as well.." i smile and i place a hand on his cheek.

he looks at me and sees how close we are. he gets all shy and looks away from me and i just smile still.

"why are you looking at me like that..?" he asks, looking away from me.

"you are just really beautiful, that's all." i smile as i tell him.

i can see his face get red and he shakes his head no. i nod and he looks at me finally. i look at his eyes and they looked like they were sparkling. i could tell karl was looking at mine since his face softened and he does that when he looks into my eyes.

"you are also very beautiful luna." karl tells me randomly.

"no, i'm not." i shake my head no this time.

"don't be like that. but your right.. you are gorgeous!" he smiles brightly.

i roll my eyes and i laugh. he laughs with me and we look back into each other's eyes and i felt the urge to do something right here right now. i could see karl's eyes doing the same thing and at this point, i don't think our thoughts were far off from one another.

"can i-"

"yes." i cut him off.

his hand was placed on my cheek and he moved my hair, tucking it behind my ear. we both leaned into each other, completely closing the gap we had separating us. once i processed what is happening, i could feel my cheeks getting hot and i felt a smile form. i could feel him smiling too and we both pulled away, giggling and smiling.

"can we do that again..?" karl asks me with a shy smile.