Visiting

3rd pov

The digital world is everchanging and ever growing, despite all dark forces otherwise trying to destroy or overtake it. The 2nd generation of Digidestined are always amazed by the Digi world, especially the new 3 - four, though Ken is struggling with guilt so he can not always be amazed - , though the other 2 can be just as amazed when it comes to certain areas, or if one is just having a bad day. However, because the digital world is so big, the new group has not yet seen File island, where the original Digidestined had traveled, wandered and survived, they had only see the areas where they were sent to destroy control spires or wherever they get spit out if they don't chose a location - it had happened once, and no one was happy with Davis at this point.

The original group had gotten together recently, since the anniversary for Devimon was slowly encroaching on them. While this might not seem like an important battle in the overall scheme of things, this is an important event to the Digidestined and their partners, so they will be there to celebrate and offer support to their youngest member. The last few years, they had just had a picnic in the park or gone to some fair if there was one, but with the option available they decide to go to File island and visit Infinity mountain where they ran into their first nightmare.

They had made all of the plans - just the seven of them - without any thought, not realizing they had not included Kari until Tai accidentally mentions something about it and then Kari argues that her and the four new kids get to come too since they were left out of the conversation. Tai had argued against and even gone to Sora for help, but neither of the two had been able to convince Kari otherwise and once the other four had heard of it, they wanted to go as well (Ken at least had the decency to ask if they could tag along, as well as looking shy) and started supporting Kari.

T.K had finally had enough - his famous temper shorter than usual and his patient dried up - and walked straight up to the arguing siblings and firmly smacked both of them over the head. Everyone winced - even the four new kids - and watched to see what would happen. Matt even grabs a bite of the food they had brought with them and starts to eat it, completely relaxed where he is against a tree in the park. They had come here to discuss how they wanted to get to Infinity mountain, flying or walking? but had been sidetracked yet again. The older kids digivice's still have File Island as an option so the new kids are tagging along with someone older.

"I get that you don't want them to come, but I am perfectly fine with it and it is another part of our adventure, so you know they're eventually going to ask about it. Stop being so protective and think clearly, there's a reason you are the leader, Tai." T.K then whirls on his heel to face Kari, looking just as unimpressed with her as he did Tai. " I get that you want to come along, but demanding isn't the way to do it. If you had asked I'm sure he would've been more then willing to ask and see what we all thought. Ken was the only one to ask and he's literally the newest Digidestined here. Come on, Kari, there's a reason you are the light."

With that, he walks towards his brother, leaving both siblings looking sheepish and talking much more calmly, settling against his brother and snatching one of his snacks - ignoring the protests - cuddling into the warmth with no hesitation. Izzy and Sora take this chance to poke and tease at him, while Mimi and Joe takes pictures for blackmail and memories. T.K has always been tactile and one of the few before Matt befriended the rest of the Digidestined to get away with hugging, cuddling or otherwise touching his brother. Tai and Kari rejoin them, Tai joining in on the ribbing - Matt is his best friend, he knows exactly where to poke - grinning as Matt tries to take a swipe at him only to be hindered by his brother who is still chewing on his snack nonchalantly.

Matt groans and nudges his brother, but the little shit turns to give him a rather unimpressed face and proceeds to move further onto him, blocking him from getting up at all, giving Tai a high five when he asks for one. The original group laugh and take the chance to turn the older blonde a lovely red from embarrassment, while the younger continues to steal his brothers snacks without him realizing. The anniversary comes 2 days after the park and the younger kids had realized that T.K's mood was...not the greatest. He wasn't snappy or rude - they wish he were - but rather withdrawn, unfocused, sad, almost as if he were grieving something and suddenly, they're not sure if they really want to go to this anniversary.