"I thght yuwer asckin meetooo marrriyu." She muses, her voice breathless. I find myself wishing for the millionth time that I could understand the words she says.

     Especially now, right before saying goodbye. One conversation would be comforting. I suppose it is too much to ask.

     I remain on my knee, just staring at her, trying to memorize her dark green eyes and plush lips that always turn up at the corners. I'm interrupted when Salsh comes up and begins licking Elodies face, she shrieks with laughter, the most precious sound I've had the pleasure of hearing. I smile, patting my pet on the head as sadness creeps in to dampen my mood. He would miss her almost as much as me it would seem.

     Standing to my full height, I put a hand on her head and lead her in front of me, in the direction of the palace. She trustingly takes my hand, her fingers so tiny and warm. I squeeze them lightly, looking ahead only out of fear of what her face might do to me again.

      We walk for a while, getting closer and closer. Elodie talks every now and then, filling the air with her soft tones to pass the time. I don't understand a word of it, but it's pleasing to my ears.

     When I spot the gates to the kingdom ahead, I stop, tugging on Elodie's arm as she tries to go forward. She turns, red eyebrows raised. I simply pull her cloak hood over her head.

     Walking up to the palace is one thing, but if any locals in the kingdom spot a female, we will never be able to make it without being stopped a million times by curious males.

     For extra protection, I pull Elodie under my arm, draping it over her shoulder and tugging her into my chest as I keep walking. If she blends in with me, then she won't be recognized for what she really is. I'm hoping that the citizens will assume she is a smaller male.

     "yur waaytoo heevyy, Barre." She grumbles at me, wiggling in my grip, I hold her firmly, not letting her escape. Her attempt is in vain. I hardly notice her struggle. She's so weak and helpless, it's amusing often times, but another reminder that she needs to be kept safe.

     A forest is no place for a female, and a scarred Gladiator would not make a good mate.

      After Elodie quiets down, we make our way through the palace town. The market isn't very busy, and I thank the Gods. The males hardly give us any looks, and the ones I do receive are strictly directed at me. I rarely visit the palace, and when I do, people gossip.

     The sooner I get out of here, the better, I convince myself. As soon as Elodie is safe in the palace, then I can leave.

      Walking down a few streets, I almost stumble when I see a few posters with big words printed on the top.

      "MISSING HUMAN FEMALE: REWARD FOR SAFE RETURN"

      The signs are everywhere. I was correct, they were looking for her. I am not surprised. Females are the most sought after thing on Rytaria, and even one going missing would be a priority. I stare at the reward amount. It is a good deal of coin, but I doubt that many are interested in prize money for returning her. Males are more likely to try to make her their mate.

      My jaw automatically clenches at the thought. I can't help looking down at the magnificent, small thing tucked under my arm like a child. She looks around curiously, her red hair hidden in the cloak.

      I have no doubt that males will fall over themselves trying to become her mate. There are many males in the palace that are more worthy of her than I am.

     Elodie glances around uneasily, shrinking into me for protection.

     We're getting closer and closer to the palace. I spot the guards standing at the front doors, their hands going to their hips where their blasters are holstered. I turn to Salsh, telling him to stay put. He sits on his backside, staring at me and then Elodie. I shake my head once.