Epilogue: Family Love

Serenity's P.O.V.

"Maggie, your gonna be late. Tyler Aunt Liv's here to take you to school!" I yelled up the stairs as Angel and Maybelle ran around with fake swords.

"Hi, Serenity, how you feeling?" Liv asked hugging me gently as if afraid she'd squish the baby.

"A little sick but it's normal. Tyler! Maggie! Down here now!" I shoved the sandwich into Tyler's lunch box as he pounded down the stairs.

"I know that, I meant about Hunter being away." She whispered and I frowned, I missed him so much.

"Here," he grabbed it almost walking out the door. "Hey, come here." I said as he walked over and I kissed his cheek. "You behave today at school."

"Ok, I got soccer after school, don't forget." He said wiping his cheek, I can't believe he's turning 13 next week. He wore his blue soccer jersey and jean shorts.

"I won't, and there she is. The famous Maggie Wilde everyone, what have we done to be gifted with your beautiful presence this fine Friday morning?" I said to Maggie who rolled her eyes at me. "Maggie Faith," I said and the twins oohed. Liv chuckled as her and Tyler walked out the door.

"Sorry, Mama. I have horseback riding tonight then I'll be home. Do I get Dad's truck today?" She asked taking an apple off the counter. It was always hard for her when Hunter went overseas. She wore a Bad Company black t-shirt, a dark green army jacket, and light wash jeans with combat boots.

"Yea, go ahead. Hey, kiss," I said as she kissed my cheek and walked out the door. The twins giggled in their pink totos and purple unicorn shirts. "You two ready for school?" I chuckled and they bounced up and down as I put their lunches in their Hello Kitty backpacks. I locked the door as they skipped to the van. After I dropped my five year old twins at school, I drove to my doctors appointment. I was gonna find out the gender of the baby, but it didn't feel right without Hunter. He's been gone four months and I missed him more everyday. I twirled my wedding ring with my thumb as I parked the van. I climbed out and people stopped to say hi before I walked into the doctors office. I sat on the examination table when my doctor walked in.

"Morning Mrs. Wilde, how are we doing today?" She smiled at me and I smiled back giving a short answer before we prepared for the ultrasound. The gel was cold as it touched my skin and soon the picture of my unborn child appeared on the screen. I felt myself tear up and Dr. Copper smiled. "Everything looks good, baby is nice and healthy. And now let's see what you'll be having." She hummed as she smoothed the gel over my belly. "Congrats, it's a boy." She smiled as she printed out the sonogram and soon left to get some house work done. I cleaned the living room while the news was on. I sat to catch my breath, murmuring a spell to make the cleaning supplies continue to work, and cringed when news on Afghanistan came on. I shook my head, stopping the supplies, and clicked it off before walking into the kitchen for a glass of water. Hours ticked by and the sun was setting, dinner was over and Tyler, Angel, and May finally fell asleep. I sat on the porch swing and sighed when Maggie came out. She sat next to me and laid her head on my shoulder. I kissed her forehead as we looked out at the night sky.

"So, another brother. Hopefully, he doesn't smell like Tyler does." She chuckled which made me smile. "I miss him, Mama Serenity."

"Me too, Mags. Me too, how's horseback riding?" I asked trying to change the topic. She snuggled closer to me and sighed.

"Fine, I met a boy today." She smiled and I squealed.

"Tell me all about him." I said and she sat up in Indian Style facing me.

"His name is Bradley, he works at the Ranch part time after school. He just moved here last month, Trina Coal has kept him to herself. He has dreamy blue eyes, black hair, and plays Football. He even liked my shirt." She smiled and I smiled back at her. I'd have to deal with Trina, Jaime's younger sister but for right now I'll let it go.