Chapter 11: Blood Moon

Hunter's P.O.V.

"What do you mean she's gone?" I yelled at Fate and Nick who just looked at the ground. They were supposed to protect her, my rage started to boil over. I saw red and my nostrils flared, "Weren't you two supposed to be watching her?"

"Yes, but..." Fate began but I cut her off with a pointed glare. Liv soon appeared like a magician and tilted her head at me.

"Where's Serenity?" She asked and I shook my head. "Where's my best friend?" She asked getting angry and an angry Liv was not good.

"We don't know, and you won't believe anything I could tell you." I shrugged and she gave me the 'try me' look. I sighed and told her everything.

"You're right, I don't believe you." Olivia shrugged and Fate sighed before her wings appeared. They where white and fell to the floor. "Okay, I believe you now." Liv gulped looking back at me.

"Where would Sal take her?" I asked rubbing the back of my neck.

"I don't know, but we must hurry. The blood moon is tonight." Fate said and all three of us looked at her confused.

"She's stronger during the full moon, but also if her rage consumed her it won't be Serenity we see. She'll become evil and twisted, it's the one down side to her gifts." Fate said looking at the ground shameful, I didn't have time to correct her. There was a hiss of pain and we all turned to Maggie

"Where would Sal take her?" Liv asked walking over to Maggie who rubbed her head.

"Swallow Creek," Maggie replied her eyes clenched closed.

"Her dad's cabin?" I rubbed the back of my neck feeling frustrated. "It's worth a shot. but it's all the way in Washington."

"That's why I'm here," Fate grabbed Nick and I's hand making us vanish and reappear at on old lake house. It was raining and gloomy clouds hung low in the sky. "She's used magic, I can sense it. We have an hour until the blood moon is at it's peak." Fate began to walk around the woods, Nick followed but I felt a pull in the other direction. I spun on my heel and walked towards an abyss of darkness. I lost track of time when I felt something invisible run into me.

"Hunter," I heard Serenity say yet I couldn't see her. I felt arms wrap around me then she reappeared in front of me. "You need to leave..." she started but was flung away from me. Her back hit a tree trunk and soon I couldn't move my body. A man appeared, he had blonde, unkept, shaggy hair and deep soulless black eyes that could cut like ice. Skin was dripping off his bones and his teeth were rotting out of his head.

"Who is this, Serenity Paige Magomery?" His voice was a low rumble, almost like scratching. He walked up to me and traced my jaw line with his boney finger.

"Don't touch him!" Ren shouted standing up, barely, she leaned on the tree and the man chuckled lowly in his chest an evil glint in his eyes.

"Let me introduce myself, I have many names but ca me Lucifer." I stared blankly at the thing in front of me. "I see disrespect is common for people like you." He sneered before turning his attention to Ren who looked weak. "After I'm done with you, respect will be whipped into you."

"You won't fucking touch her." I said in a low voice and Lucifer's attention turned back to me.

"Cruciatus," he sneered and it felt like I was run over by a train, stabbed in the heart, and shot over and over again.

"No!" Ren screamed before her eyes turned into a mixture of green, white, blue, red, and black. Wind whipped around us, the earth began to shake, the water rose above her, and fire sprouted from her hands. I could move again and I fell to ground, recovering from the pain. "You are no longer welcomed here." Ren's voice was deep and commanding, it rumbling in my chest. Lucifer faded away but Ren was still in her state. There was a grunt and I turned to see Fate crouched over in pain.

"It's the moon, she won't be able to stop!" Fate screeched out and I stumbled towards Serenity before wrapping my arms around her. Instantly, the fire disappated, the water rained down like normal, the wind stilled, and the earth stood still.

"You're okay, I'm fine." I whispered as her eyes shifted to their normal beautiful green.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered before she collapsed in my arms.

Serenity's P.O.V.

I woke to a beeping sound and I opened my eyes. The white walls of a hospital room came into view. Olivia laid in Drake's arms as they laid on the couch, Nick sat at my left his eyes closed, Hunter sat at my right his head down on the bed. He held my hand and it felt like their was a desert in my throat, déjà vu. "Hunter," I scratched out and his head rose to mine. He wrapped me in a hug and I groaned.

"I thought I told you not to this again," he whispered making me chuckle. "You're not leaving this time, you're stay here with me and it's not a request, Ren." I smiled knowing this is the only place I'd want to be. Well, minus the hospital part.