two

𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔬, CURSED

"𝖽𝗂𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖻𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗏𝗈𝖽𝗄𝖺?"

THERES NOTHING BETTER THAN BEING FORCED TO GO TO SOMETHING THAT IN ANOTHER REALITY YOU WOULD NORMALLY STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM AS POSSIBLE. There's was nothing more Casey wanted to do than jump off that bus as soon as she boarded it. Cass took her place next to Kate who was fixing her hair with way too much hairspray. And it looked like her head was about as hard as a rock.

"You better be careful. Someone might mistake your head for a rock." Casey smiled. Kate unamused, sprayed the can in Caseys face making her cough. "Alright, alright. Lighten down with the hairspray. And move over" Kate shifted over leaving some room for Casey to sit down. The two girls saw Deena hobble onto the bus. A plain face staring to the back. Sitting down and putting her headphones on. Cass knew that she would be turning up the music as loud as possible and drowning out all the noise. Cass was worried about her friend. She had never seen her this troubled before. With the breakup and all the shit that was happening in the town, Casey was almost surprised that Deena hadn't had a full-on meltdown yet. But Deena was strong. And she would never show her weaknesses in public.

"I'm worried about Deena, Kate" Cass mumbled.

"What do you mean?" Kate questioned

"Deena, she's been so quiet. So distant lately. I feel like I haven't talked to the real Deena in ages." Cass could only tell the truth. Deena hadn't been herself. It's almost like she lost herself the moment she broke things off with Sam. Sam was a coward. She left Shadyside, ran to Sunnyvale and never looked back. She left Deena. Broken heart and all. Leaving Simon, Kate and Casey to pick up all the pieces. But there were still some pieces missing.

"I know she hasn't been herself. But it's not like that's permanent. I think with everything going on and now her having to see Sam again. It's just a lot right now. You'll see in a couple of days she'll be back to the old Deena we love and hate" Kate smiled. The two friends stared out the window as they watch the grounds around them turn from shittyside into Sunnyvale. The differences couldn't be counted. It was as if all of the shit that happened in Shadyside just disappeared when crossing the borders of the two polar opposite towns.