"Oh Honey, I Don't Lose."

Start from the beginning

Silence fell across the table. Dante proceeded to place his hand on my upper thigh, engulfing it with a squeeze.

“Anyway…” He removes his hand from under the table. “Tonight’s one of my fights and I want you there. After all you are the prize I’ll be taking home when I win.”

“And what if you lose?”

Oh honey, I don’t lose.”

Normally this kind of arrogance and ego would be a major turn off but knowing Dante’s ability to back his words up, I had no problem with being his prize.

“Tonight my driver will pick you up and bring you to Vittore’s where I’ll have one of my men escort you downstairs and guard you for the duration of the fight. After I get cleaned up I’ll meet you at the bar.”

“Can I bring a friend?”

“Are you introducing someone new into our relationship?”

The word ‘relationship’ leaving Dante’s mouth set off the butterflies in my stomach. I was never the type for relationships, always having that ‘love them and leave them’ mentality. Now don’t think of me as a bitch, I went for the players and heartbreakers that way the innocent remained unharmed. Dante realised what he had said and sipped on his coffee quietly trying not to make things awkward. 

“Allesandro likes living on the edge. I’m sure this underground fight would be his type of scene.”

“Ahh the brunette you were with at Vittore’s, your best friend slash fuck buddy.”

“How did you know?”

Darling I know everything.”

“And you’re not consumed with rage? That he had his hands all over my body, making me moan.” I say taunting Dante.

“At first I did but then I made you mine and erased every trace of any other man on your skin and mind before me. Correct me if I’m wrong but your body, craves for my touch and listens to my commands.”

I smile at Dante, amazed by his cockiness but knowing damn well he was right. I had noticed a somewhat change in Dante’s demeanour or perhaps it was my imagination, he seemed more like a predator that has being starved, ready to feast. His eyes were darker and he oozed danger, maybe this was just him preparing for the fight.

I have a meeting a meeting at 2 and after that I’ll be training at my gym. So I’ll see you tonight baby girl.” Dante finishes his coffee and kisses the top of my head before grabbing his keys and walking out of the front door.

Julie comes up to me, barely managing to carry the box that was delivered shortly after Dante had left.

“Mr Romano wanted you to have options for now and tonight.” She said with her thick English accent.

I open the box only to find an array of clothes, ranging from lounge to club wear. I smile at his gesture and immediately send a thank you message to him, within a few minutes I received a text back along with some naughty comments like ‘My favourite part will be getting you out of those clothes.’

While having my phone in hand, I took the opportunity to call Allesandro to let him know of our plans tonight.

“Hello princess”

“Guess where we’re going tonight?”

“To hell and back?”

“Well how does a front row view to an underground fight sound?”

“Sounds like I’ll meet you at your place at 6. I got to go now, see you later.”

And with that I headed upstairs to change and get ready for work, Dante’s words playing in the back of my mind. He was right I am their superior and technically I was taking care of Dante’s personal needs, just not in the way they would be thinking.

End of p.o.v

v