Chapter 37: Start or the End?

Start from the beginning

Aman's heart was so full that he didn't notice the tears tricking down his cheeks. When one's heart is so full it's inevitable to not let those emotions pass.

" She needed a break. A buffer period. She deserves it, doesn't she? After what you've been through..."

" I-I didn't... I'm... I..." He kept on babbling.

All he meant to say is that he loved her.

Of course, he loved her. He loves her so much. So much that...that... he had no idea how to even compare something that was so intangible. 

" I know you love her, Aman. I know you do. But, she loves you too. " When Jaai confessed for him it broke him down. His already fragile heart couldn't take it anymore. Yet, he kept his composure as firm as he could. It was all so simple yet so complicated. 

" So, when she said she needed to get away, we didn't dare ask her the whys, wheres, and the whens. We needed to protect her. Then, all that was left was for her to go away. She said she'd keep in touch and might be back in a few days or something. But, she needed to go someplace where she might be sure to not see you... " The last words burned through his soul. Whatever Uncle Jaai was saying was the truth. Clear. They had to protect their daughter. It was how ironic that she needed to be protected from him. He thought he could laugh even. The whole situation was derisive. 

She definitely didn't wanna see him, not that he had given her some exquisite reasons too. He deserved all her hate, wrath, and rage but more than anything else he needed her love to live if he had any plans of surviving.

" I-I understand." He whimpered and quickly wiped his tears from the sleeves of his shirt. Crying doesn't make anyone less of a man but Aman hated looking such a wuss.

" I should go. If Zee sees me here, he'll kill before anyone else." Jaai had to laugh at that.

" I bet... " As Aman was about to leave, he called him again, " Aman..."

" Yes?"

" Well, if there is anyone who might know where Rose is I believe it's only you. And if you truly wanna make amends as you say you do, you know where to start before it's too late. "

Aman took a second to comprehend and nodded.

As he walked towards his car, all he could think about was one thing - Did Rose deserve all the pain that would ensue once she knows it all? She definitely didn't know it all. If a part of truth can do this to her he didn't even fathom what would the rest of it do. 

He wasn't able to answer that and it shattered him. She definitely didn't deserve one bit of the pain that he inflicted on her or might cause her if he goes to find her.

But, if he doesn't then that would anyways kill the living out of him.

Oh! God...

He was so much frustrated and so sore.

It was so bad that his eyes were red and swollen from crying when he reached his house. He had no idea when he got on his bed and slept. His head was throbbing and perhaps the couple of pills he popped might have done the deal. His head was spinning in circles, with nowhere to start and nowhere to end. 

✿✿✿

" Man! You're definitely not light..." Miher commented to himself rather loudly after he placed Aavya on the passenger's seat.

" Y-yea, of course. Don't let my form deceive you." She opened her eyes wide, brown pearls staring at him.

" Wohoo... You're awake! Why didn't you walk then?"