six

six; JUST IN CASE

"Are you coming with Vernon, Dudley, and me to pick up Marge today?" Petunia asked as she placed the clean plates back into the cupboard and she glanced hopefully at her little sister who had only looked up from her notebook when she felt the gaze

Her face hardened at the mention of Vernon's sister and she scowled hatefully when her mind wandered to Dudley's fifth birthday back in June. Harry had been allowed to play musical chairs with the other children because some of the parents insisted and Vernon wasn't able to find an excuse as to why he couldn't. Harry was having the time of his life, being included and making friends, and he was about to win when Marge had 'accidentally' whacked him around the shins when she was getting up as the music stopped, and Daisy had to restrain herself from ripping her head off when she saw.

I'd rather die, she had wanted to say but instead shook her head as a lie fell from her lips with perfected ease, "Emmy wants me to go into London with her."

"Oh." Petunia was clearly disappointed and Daisy couldn't blame her. Marge was just as horrid as Vernon but her trip to London was much more important than playing maid to a woman who despised her and she already had to spend the week with her, she wasn't going to sacrifice such an important day, "What will you be doing?"

"Need inspiration for a project." Daisy shrugged, scribbling out a few sentences in her book, "Gonna go to a museum then maybe see a movie."

"Sounds lovely." Petunia exclaimed and Daisy shrugged once more, "Will you take the boy to Mrs Figg's when you leave?"

"Yes, I will take Harry to Mrs Figg's." Daisy answered, giving her sister a dark look as she snapped her book closed and stuffed it into her bag before she got to her feet, "See you."

"Don't be home too late." Petunia called after Daisy who rolled her as she shouted back a 'whatever' over her shoulder while she pulled the cupboard door open and sent a dark look at the back of Vernon's head.

Harry peered up at her and she sent him a gentle smile.

"Come on," She murmured, watching sadly as Harry scrambled to his feet when he saw his uncle watching him from behind her.

"You have a curfew." Vernon grunted when heard the cupboard door shut and the front door open, "Make sure you're back to greet Marge before she goes to bed."

"Sure."

As she slammed the front door shut, she made a face at Harry who covered his mouth with his hand to stifle his giggles and Daisy beamed down at him as she held her hand out for him which he grabbed without hesitation and they began their trek to Wisteria Walk.

"Mrs Figg's house always smells like cat pee." Harry broke the comfortable silence they had been in for a couple of minutes as he looked up at his aunt with a frown.