Chapter 33: The Dark Side and the Light

Hello! I have two announcements today: One, this story has over 800 reads which is amazing! Thank you to all the readers. Secondly, today is the two month anniversary of my story! Yippee! Now on with the story!

The Son howled with pure rage as his powers roared into a terrifying maelstrom by his sister's betrayal. There must be balance in everything from a planet to a person and by removing the mark of the Dark Side his sister had removed all traces of the Dark Side from Ahsoka. Of course while he understood that the Daughter hadn't quite understood what she was doing the Son had believed that she would check with him before meddling with his powers. His anger and hatred fueled the power and shattered the stained glass window as Mortis was covered in a blanket of fear, anger, hate and suffering. If only he knew what the consequences of his actions and this maelstrom were...

Anakin had been sat on his bunk, stewing over his situation with Ahsoka when an unimaginable pain racked his mind and body. Crying out in anguish his body shook uncontrollably and he fell off his bunk. Obi-wan had been sat in the pilot seat but when he had heard his friend and old Padawan screaming in pain Obi-wan raced into the bunk with a speed that could've exceeded the fastest ship in the galaxy. "ANAKIN! What's happening?! What's wrong?!" He asked him with plenty of concern in a desperate attempt to establish a connection through the pain. Anakin did nothing but cry out and writhe uncontrollably in pain for a few minutes as Obi-wan tried to comfort him by using the Forcd to deliver comforting thoughts and put him back on his bunk. Eventually Anakin stopped being tortured by an invisible force and lay utterly still. Obi-wan felt as though he was either going to collapse or have a heart attack. Maybe both. He couldn't bear the stress of Anakin's fits anymore. A sudden burst of lighting shook Obi-wan from his mental woes and looking out of the window he saw that there was nothing but darkness and destruction. This whole weather pattern was a pure embodiment of the Dark Side of the Force and it made Obi-wan feel confused, nauseated and enraged as a blast hit him through the open ramp. It was a sickening feeling to be pulled to the Dark Side without your concent and Obi-wan realised that this must be what was happening to Anakin but on a larger scale due to the darkness that was festering inside of him.

Suddenly, Anankin shot up in pain and groaned. Obi-wan feared he would have another attack but thankfully he began to speak. What he was saying however wasn't pleasant. "Master... Master! I have seen the future and I will do terrible things! However it is the Jedi who will stand in the way of peace, not the Sith! They must be destroyed!" He sat up and activated his lightsaber and poised in his fighting position. Obi-wan wasn't happy about fighting his friend but seeing the black tendrils spread across his eyes and ghoulish yellow eyes he realised that there was no way to get out of this without a fight. However he wasn't going to fight inside the ship so he went outside with Anakin hot on his heels before Obi-wan activated his own lightsaber and flipped backwards over Anakin. Anakin swiftly spun around to face him, an angry snarl etched onto his face. "Dont stand in my way! I'm doing what is best! I'm going to end the Clone Wars!" Anakin yelled at his Master before lunging at him.

They fought with speed and efficiency that would cause anyone a headache in minutes. The two bright blue lightsabers swung and clashed over and over again with neither Anakin or Obi-wan gaining any ground. High or low. In a sudden blind rage Anakin managed to flip Obi-wan's lightsaber out of his hands and land it too far away for him to reach. Before Obi-wan could regain his focus Anakin shoved Obi-wan to the ground and held his lightsaber to his neck. "Now you die!" With that he swung the saber towards his neck and...

"STOP!" A blinding white light flooded the planet and banished the darkness back towards the Son's citadel. Anakin quickly dropped his lightsaber with just enough time for Obi-wan to roll away without being impaled and collapsed to the ground. A figure emerged from the light with her hands outstretched in an effort to use the Force at high levels. The Son was very powerful but the female seemed stronger. It wasn't the Daughter however as Obi-wan could tell that much because of the monstrals and lekku that decorated her head. Her skin was a pretty orange colour that had angled face markings framing her face and her eyes were the bluest of blues. It was Ahsoka. Her entire body seemed to be engulfed in a luminescent glow that only powered her ability through the Force. An aura could be sensed around her that seemed very familiar to the Daughter's own aura as her powers flowed through Ahsoka with ease.

Ahsoka floated downwards towards them and Obi-wan was very surprised to find himself looking up to her. She had clearly grown taller with her new powers and Obi-wan was curious to see how long these powers would last. "Ahsoka... You've grown. New abilities as well I see, very impressive in being able to free Anakin from the Dark Side's grasp. I did fear for my life at the end... Don't tell him that. Has something good happened or has something weird happened?" Obi-wan cursed himself mentally for sounding so awkward and stiff when he was simply talking to Ahsoka whom he had know for many years.

Ahsoka looked at him for a moment before bursting into laughter. "Hahaha, Master Kenobi you sound so silly. Have you forgotten that it's just me? Ahsoka." She turned to her Master's waking form. "I'll answer your questions later but right now we need to look after Master Skywalker." She bent down as her Master looked upwards to see a very worried Obi-wan and God-like Ahsoka.

He groaned as the last remnants of the Dark Side left his system. "Hey Snips, you get a new look? It suits you. Obi-wan, what happened? You look forty years older." He was obviously groggy but neither of them were going to remind him of what had happened. The Daughter had told her that he had seen what should not have been seen so she wasn't going to tell him what had happened.

"It's fine Master. The ship is ready to fly off now so we can leave Mortis. I think now would be a good time to get back to Rex, he'll be worried." Ahsoka reassured her Master. Anakin nodded slightly as the trio walked back to the ship and started it up. Leaving Mortis, for good.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm pleased with the anniversary and reads. I'll try and update soon. Bye, bye.