Chapter 32: Padawans

"AHSOKA! Ahsoka, come back!" Anakin yelled after her rapidly retreating form. He wished he could take back what he had done but Anakin had thought that he had done what  was best for his Padawan. Ahsoka continued running without looking back or responding until she dipped behind a small hill and out of the older Jedis' sight. 

Anakin started to run after her but Obi-wan put a hand on his shoulder to restrain him. Even without using a speeder to put as much distance between herself and them the furious Togruta would be impossible to catch. Obi-wan could easily sense the frustration in his friend without the use of the Force however he was in no mood to also chase his friend across this desolate planet. "Anakin, listen to reason. Ahsoka can be uncatchable when she wants to be; even with a speeder she won't be within our reach." While nothing rarely stopped Anakin from doing anything he wanted the hidden truth within his old Master's words seemed to resonate with him and Anakin stopped struggling. 

Obi-wan released Anakin's shoulder as he stood up. "I honestly thought that I was just doing what was right. Master? Where did it go wrong?" Anakin suddenly seemed so lost and confused that this was one of the times that Obi-wan was reminded of the little slave boy he had met on Tatooine. It broke his heart.

"Anakin... You went behind Ahsoka's back and got her removed from a prophecy that she could've been happy in. The Jedi have done all they can to keep Ahsoka and Lux apart and we are the only people she probably truly trusts now. Instead of supporting her we have ignored the issue and taken her away from the last link she had to Lux." Obi-wan tried to reason with Anakin and he seemed to be having a calming effect on him which was good for both of them.

Anakin turned back to Obi-wan one last time. "Where has she gone?" That simple question destroyed Obi-wan because having a Padawan was difficult and he sometimes felt bad for giving Ahsoka to Anakin without any real warning. There were times when Obi-wan had gotten frustrated with Anakin as his Padawan but he was always terrified of losing him. There was one time when he only had five hours to teach Anakin to swim when he was eleven because he had grown up on a desert planet and they were going to a water one. Another time had involved alcohol when Anakin was seventeen and they both discovered he could only take in a small amount before being ridiculously drunk. Obi-wan both loved to tease Anakin about that night yet he could sometimes get nightmares because of it.

Still, a lot of good often came from the friendships formed between a Master and their Padawan. For Anakin and Ahsoka however this was not the case at this moment in time and Obi-wan wished he could give Anakin an answer. Instead the older Jedi gave Anakin a hug as a compensation promise that everything would be okay in the end.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahsoka had been running for over two hours it seemed before she decided to slow down. There was no way that she was within range of Anakin or Obi-wan now because the landscape had changed from the torrential downpour with cracked, barren lands to beautiful clear skies and sunshine flooding the ground. The wildlife of Mortis were roaming freely and happily while the trees and plants were bright, vibrant and full of life. Ahsoka wasn't sure whether or not she should be surprised that this picturesque view reminded her greatly of the jungles she had happily trekked through blindfolded with Lux at her side.

Noticing a crystal-clear, ice-blue pond just ahead of her Ahsoka saw an opportunity to check the mark on her back. When she reached the edge of the pool Ahsoka focused on the Force swirling chaotically around her. It was surprisingly difficult to channel the Force because of its huge power and potential trapped here but Ahsoka managed to lift a medium-sized bubble of water out of the lake and suspend herself horizontally across the lake.

With her back reflected in the water beneath her and the bubble of water above her, this meant that the water acted like a two-way mirror that allowed Ahsoka to see her back. It was a trick her Master had taught her at the Jedi Temple when he was re-telling her some of the 'ridiculous' training methods Obi-wan had put him through. Ahsoka struggled to retain a gasp as she realised that the Mark of the Dark Side that had been reaching the beginning of her visible collar bone was gone!

She suddenly lost her focus and control of the Force and was shaken back to reality with a huge splash that put her waist-deep in water and soaked through to the bone. Ahsoka laughed at herself after the shock had worn off and splashed about. Thankfully the pond wasn't too deep as she could easily exit the pond and when she did Ahsoka was miraculously dry and facing the Daughter. "Daughter! What are you doing here? What have you done to my mark? Have you truly gotten me removed from my prophecy?" With every question Ahsoka's happiness was wearing off and she was becoming quieter and sadder as the reality of why she was out here came back.

The Daughter also seemed a little bit somber but was masking it well. A small smile had made its way to her face as she had watched Ahsoka frolic about in a frivolous manner. It was always refreshing for the Daughter to be around the youth of the future even though Ahsoka did not ever see herself as a youngling. "I sensed your emotions and came to make sure you were all right as you crossed into my domain. I made a deal with your Master to keep you safe because I couldn't remove you from or destroy the prophecy. In exchange I agreed to remove the Dark Side that had tunnelled its way into your system without affecting the prophecy. I'm sorry we acted without your consent." The Daughter did seemed genuinely bereaved over her actions and Ahsoka was quick to comfort her.

"No, no, it's okay. I'm just pleased that Lux and I are still part of the 'Legat'. Thank you Daughter." Ahsoka gave the goddess a hug and the two woman smiled.

"Thank you Ahsoka for forgiving me. That is always the hardest test." For a moment everything seemed perfect but then the world was plunged into darkness and all hell broke loose...

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll definitely update on Thursday if not tomorrow. I enjoyed writing about Anakin's Padawan Adventures. Bye, bye.