Chapter 8 Riley's POV again just bc i can

The house comes in view, and with a quick glance back, I know I've lost them. I bound across the yard and into the house, padding up the stairs towards Mary Ann's and I's room. Mary Ann is sleeping peacefully in the bed, and I feel her tugging at me. She's feeding off my life force, slowly. I'm dying a slow death. She's killing me, but she doesn't know it. She thinks she's only draining witches and faeries, but she's draining me, too. She always asks me if she's killing me, and each time I lie, saying I'm fine.
I'm just glad she's easy to fool.
I know I'm supposed to kill her. I'm bound by my position as a werewolf to kill her. But I can't bring myself to, no matter what she is.
I shift into my humans form and change into clothes, and then with a quick glance at Mary Ann, I close the door, running down the steps and outside. I need a drink. I walk to the bar, after all, it is a beautiful night. It's dangerous, I know, but eh.
It's quite a long walk. considering the house is in the middle of nowhere. But it honestly wasn't that bad. As long as goblins or witches didn't attack me, I was fine.
Half and hour later, I reach the bar. I would never admit it, but I come often. It's past hours, but the bartender likes me, so I enter, sliding into the seat I normally take at the counter. "The usual," I say to the bartender, who says "coming right up, Riley," before digging under the counter for my drink. I rest my head on my hand, my eyes half closed.
"Rough week?" asks the bartender, leaning over the counter. She props her head up with her hands, looking at me. "This is you fourth time in over the past five days. You never come more than twice a week."
"You have no idea," I respond, downing the drink. "My whole life's been tough for the past months."
"Riley," she says softly. "You don't have to put up with all the pressure from everybody, ya know. You told me they expect a lot out of you. And you told me you can't do it all. You can just leave. It's a big world out there."
"I know," I admit. "But I can't leave my girl. She means everything to me. And my brothers, I couldn't leave them. They're the only ones who understand me."
"I understand you, Riley. I get all the pressure. Before I left my family, they were all pressuring me. I got away from it."
"Trust me," I say. "There's a lot you don't know about me. I'm completely different then anybody you know."
"Different how?" she asks, eyes full of curiosity.
"It's complicated. Maybe you'll find out someday, but maybe you won't. It all depends."
"I already know," she says.
I turn my head towards her. "Know what?"
"I know what you are. I know who they are. They aren't your family. They're your friends who take advantage of you position of a werewolf and order you around all the time, because if you were to disobey, they would have every right to kill you."
"How do you-" I'm cut off by a curse that rolls of her tongue. I can't breathe suddenly, and I fall of the chair, gasping for air. I look at the bartender, struggling to utter out a word.
"Witch," I gasp, hands at my throat. Darkness clouds my vision, and I black out completely.
~*~*~*~*
Yay, I updated. Sorry for the wait.
Also, I love you guys who are reading my story. +2K readers omigod I'm so happy! Thanks a bunch!
Bye ✌️