Lazy Mornings

I woke up in an empty bed, I didn't realise at first and spent a few moments rolling about trying to find the warmth of Nat. My eyes opened slowly trying to adjust to the bright light pouring in through the window. I sat up so quickly I almost gave myself whiplash, it was nearly noon. I don't think I'd ever slept in so late in my life. 

Panic raced through my body, I was late....No I wasn't I didn't have anywhere to be, I flopped back onto the bed and heard a chuckle from the doorway. 

"I see you finally woke up" Nat fell onto the bed next to me and kissed my cheek. I turned to face her and brushed a loose strand of red hair from her face. Once again I found myself staring at her, as usual my eyes were drawn to her lips and it wasn't til they formed into a smiling flashing those perfect white teeth that I managed to pull my eyes up to meet hers. "Will you ever stop staring?"

I shook my head and laughed, "No I don't think I will... anyway you're the one whose been watching me sleep so you're just as guilty of staring!" I kissed the tip of her nose and rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling. In that moment I felt a sense of peace wash over me, a deep sigh left my body and the tension I'm sure I'd been carrying half my life left me for a second. We lay in silence for a while, every now and then her fingers brushed against mine sending shivers through my body. Being around her was like being permanently connected to electricity. I could feel her eyes burning into my profile so I glanced at her. 

"You've gone soft eyed" I smirked making her frown in confusion. 

"What?" She raised an eyebrow. 

"Your eyes have gone soft Miss. Super Assassin" I pressed my lips against hers when her eyes flashed with concern, "I thought you were meant to be unreadable...I like it" I reassured her when once again I saw her look slightly worried. 

"I'm not completely emotionless you know agent" 

"You've could have fooled most of the world, I don't think I've ever seen you ever let your guard down... except about 5 seconds ago and now its right back up" I teased her softly as she rolled her eyes. 

"I'll work on it!" 

I laughed softly, "You don't need to change anything about yourself... you're soft when you need to be and hard when you need to be. Balanced" I kissed her gently again, there was unmistakable concern in her eyes. "What's up?"

She sighed and rolled onto her back. "You don't think I'm cold?" I tried to hide my smile, who knew Romanoff had some insecurities under that impossibly brave façade. I rolled myself on top of her and rest my head on her chest and listened to her heartbeat. I'd expected it to be calm and steady but it was racing. Was she nervous?

"Yeah I suppose you're right, you are quite a cold person. Always that layer of cool professionalism" her heart began to race even faster I thought it might come through her chest... I didn't think my words would effect her so much, she began to shift underneath me. "but you're not cold with me... you're you" it was like I'd sad some magic words, her heart rate began to slow and I realised she'd been holding a breath. I looked up into her eyes and the softness was back once again. "don't worry...I'll keep how soft you are a secret. You can be the big brave avenger". I pushed her hands above her head and lent into kiss her. She quickly spun me over and pinned me to the bed. 

"So kind of you to keep my softness a secret" she nipped my bottom lip with her teeth and pulled on it gently. "I'm not that soft you know". I pushed her back onto her back and began kissing her neck, she moaned quietly giving up control for a split second before I found myself under her once again. I laughed and rolled my eyes, one day she'd learn to let go of that last little bit of control. 

"What?" she sat up keeping one hand softly round my neck. 

"Nothing..." I laughed again, "you're just...one of a kind Nat. Thank-you for showing me this part of you" I couldn't wipe the smile away from my face. 

"You just bring it out in me I guess... come on lets get some food" she pulled me up off the bed and cuddled me hard before dragging me out of the room.