18| Beckham

Edited.

The auditorium was stuffed with people who came to see the fashion show. In just a week, Nyx managed to plan the entire thing. The decorations were utterly marvellous, and the food was ordered from a list of small businesses. Nyx's involvement in the entire community was going to rack us with some serious points, but I knew it wasn't all about the points to her.

She genuinely enjoyed hosting these events, organising it all, and then watching her artistry come to life. I could hear the crowd applauding as another one of my team members took the stage. The designers really exceeded themselves and it was obvious that they'd have one hell of a career after school. The outfits they made looked as if they were bought from top brands.

Zeke wandered past me, donning a brilliant white suit. Jasper's looked the same, except his was a dark blue colour. Oliver paraded a sweat set and his second outfit was a tiny black dress that he forced his brawny body into. The crowd went ballistic with applause, and Oliver lapped it all up, grinning. It was easy to tell that he enjoyed being the main character. A few more guys showcased newly made jerseys that supporters of the Lexington Hydras could wear to games. There were plenty of those, enough for everyone to go around.

Girls from the volleyball team volunteered to model as well. Even Nailea was here, wearing a bedazzling red jumpsuit that many people were already bidding for. Jasper marched out with his second outfit of the night, a remarkable emerald evening gown draping from his tall body. It had a glittery trail that Oliver held up when they sauntered onto the stage.

When Jasper and Oliver were together, they always gave me a headache. It was like the two were constantly high in each other's presence. Oliver ran a hand through his red hair, striking a pose and winking. Jasper held his head high, hands on his hips and beaming at everyone.

Sebastian grimaced when it was his turn, because he didn't want to model. He stood at the curtains, refusing to unveil himself to the audience. I didn't see his problem - he looked good in his suit. After many more arguments with the designers, Nailea rolled her eyes and curved her arm through his, hauling him out. He nearly slipped over Nailea's new green dress before finding his footing.

I chuckled as she accompanied him around the stage, waving at the audience. He didn't look happy, but got his job done. "Prince Charming!" Indigo bellowed from her front-row seat. Poppy sat next to her, filming everything. Annie was there too, holding a bowl of popcorn.

Sebastian's lips quirked slightly at the sight of Indigo. He let go of Nailea and plodded down the steps, reaching a hand out for Indigo. Her chubby cheeks turned red, and Sebastian shovelled her into his arms. Poppy and Annie clapped as he carried her away.