𝟘𝟜. ʏɪᴋᴇꜱ

【posted on 26/07/2021】

Olivia
- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

dick
Hey, Liv babe. It's been a while. How are you?

His words reflect back at me as I climb out my Uber. I haven't spoken to him in six months.

But I can't think about him right now. I'm on the verge of being late for my work meeting.

I push through the glass double-door entrance of the office. I enter into an open space of exposed brick, dark wooden flooring, plants and abstract artworks. A large portion of the space has a suede couch around a low glass coffee table.

"Hey, Liv," a quirky 25-year-old redheaded girl with thin-rimmed glasses and a flowy, long black dress on says from behind a white counter-like front desk.

"Hi, Luna. Am I last?" I ask.

"No, everyone is still milling around. Mae isn't even here yet. You're good," she smiles broadly.

I nod and inadvertently exhale with relief, "Great. I'll see you later."

I head for the enclosed office spaces and into a glass-walled conference room.

"Olivia," a leather jacket wearing late 20s' man named Derek greets.

Also at the table is pantsuit-wearing Elise, Jake Peralta-like Harry, ice queen Jenna, and our newest intern, Daisy.

I take my seat beside Daisy, opposite Jenna and Elise, while Harry sits adjacent to me at one head of the table.

"Good weekend, Hendrix?" Harry asks while tapping his pen against his notepad.

"Eh, fairly uneventful. Yours, Beckett?" I pull my laptop out of my shoulder bag.

"It was really good until Scarlett mentioned that she has to fly to New York for a month, starting next month," he divulges.

"Work?" I glance his way before logging into my laptop.

"Yeah," he sighs, "I know this happens with her job, but this is the longest trip since we started dating a year ago, and I'm just gonna miss her, is all."

"I'm sorry, Harry. I can imagine how hard that must be. But you guys are literally one of the strongest couples I've ever known. A month will fly by," I offer a sincere smile.

"Thanks, Olivia," he smiles lopsidedly and focuses back on his notepad.

"Hello, my editing bees," Mae hollers, strutting in with a half-open leather satchel slung over her shoulder.

"Mae, is that a new pair of red bottoms?" Jenna asks with a sickeningly fake smile to match her upright rigid posture.

"No, it's you being a kiss-ass," Derek answers.

Jenna shoots him a glare.

"Enough child's play. Update on your assignments. Go," Mae says as she sits at the head of the table, sipping her mocha.