you bite the bottom of your lip as you watch overhaul casually destroy a building.

'the power to annihilate quirk factors and turn humans back to normal! enough power to destroy this world built upon quirks-to destroy the natural order!'

'that's eri!'

you stand your ground. "you don't know eri's value! punks like you can't exploit an asset like her!" overhaul yells, sending destruction your way.

now that izuku's up to par with your speed with your quirk on, you two easily dodge his attack. with widening eyes, overhaul quickly looks to the side and spots izuku when it's too late.

'detroit...'

reeling his leg back.

'smash!'

he deals massive damage, sending overhaul into the sky. you landed on the balcony of a building and as soon as you saw izuku land his hit, you went in for a kick of your own. quickly taking your footing on a falling overhaul, you use his momentum to jump back, positioning yourself and landing smoothly at your previous spot.

perfect execution.

thinking back on everything: his progress, his conversations with others, his intentions with eri. the genius idea he had to 'fix' the hero society.

he's watching it get ripped away right in front of him.

and that gets him fueled up.

"why won't anyone look at the big picture? what i'm going to tear down is this world-it's very framework!"

you catch sight of izuku flying near overhaul, waiting to take his next hit. soaring in the sky is easy for you, you've been training with mirko some days and she's taught you her ways. as she says, her 'prodigy' deserves to learn moves from 'a true badass'.

"your justice is small. you only see what's in front of you. it's mere sentimentalism. you hero pretenders...stay out of my way!" overhaul yells, transforming in front of your eyes. swiping towards izuku, he missed but there was still enough wind power to knock izuku off momentum, sending him further back.

he had yet to spot you though.

izuku quickly moves out the way when overhaul starts uncontrollably flying towards him. using your previous method, you're able to keep your airtime stable enough to stay in the air, even after dealing that massive kick to the villain. making quick eye contact with izuku, you know to back the fuck up. the look in his eyes tells you everything you need to know.

he's not playing around.

"if i can't save..."

you land on a streetlight pole, catching your breath and wiping sweat off your forehead. you manage to follow a stream of green that zooms through the sky followed by a glowing dust.

"this one small girl in front of me..."

you watch in disbelief as overhaul breaks his arm again only to have to repaired the very next instant. izuku flies in front of him, eyes more determined than ever as he prepares his next attack.

'maybe i should back off-'

"y/n!"

your eyes widen when you hear izuku call out your name in the most demanding tone you've ever heard from him.