Chapter 27 - heartbreak

Start from the beginning

His eyes light up, "Sure! We can be matching!"

I laugh and take off the ones in my hair. I then place them on Louis' face and adjust them to fit. They're a bit big on him but he looks so hot. He could do whatever he wants to me in those glasses. Actually he could do that without them too. God he could just-

"Actually never mind," I say suddenly and pull them off Louis' face.

He pouts at me, "Why not Hazza?"

"You look too good in them," I mumble as I place them back into my hair.

He beams seemingly satisfied with that answer as he drops the subject. I walk Louis to his class and we talk about how tryouts went. Apparently there was a kid who kept trying to slide tackle Louis. I asked him who it was but he said it didn't matter since the kid didn't make the team anyways. After that I had to remind myself to Treat People With Kindness because I was thinking about doing some not so kind things to that kid.

Anyways it's after fourth period and I'm currently waiting for Louis outside his classroom. I watch him put away his stuff very slowly. Usually he's already out the room when I arrive but I don't mind the wait. He finishes putting away everything and finally looks up. He sees me and I smile at him but he doesn't return it. Instead he walks right past me without even acknowledging me. I walk behind him thinking he'll stop at his locker but then he doesn't.

I follow after him, "Louis what's wrong?"

He doesn't answer me and continues to speed walk to the exit it seems. I notice some people looking at us but I continue to run after Louis. Once we finally get outside and away from everyone he turns to me.

"Was I just some joke to you? A fucking game?" he asks with tears threatening the corners of his eyes.

"Boobear what are you talking about?" I plead.

I'm so confused. Did I make Louis cry? What the fuck did I do?!

"Don't call me that," he snaps, "You know what you did. Everyone's talking about it."

I shake my head and reach out to him but he pulls away from my touch, "Louis," is all I can say.

"You really had me fooled, you know. Making me think that you actually liked me. But no. It turns out I was just some lousy experiment for a straight boy. But I don't do things like that Harry! I don't kiss or touch just anyone without it meaning something! And I really thought it did mean something. I really thought last weekend meant something to you. But as soon as it's over you move on to the first pretty girl that you can get your hands on huh?" Louis' tears start to roll down his cheeks, "It hurts Harry. It really fucking hurts. Especially since we're friends. I knew I shouldn't have fallen for you and I knew this was all too good to be true, but I still let it happen. Fuck!" he finishes choked up.

"Louis, please. Can we just talk about all this," I beg with tears of my own falling down, "Can we talk about us?" I plead softly.

"I don't want to talk to you anymore," his voice cracks and it breaks my heart.

He walks past me sniffling and all I can do is watch him walk away. I fucked up. But I still don't know what I did which is the really fucked up thing. I should know what made Louis cry, I should know what broke him and somehow I have no fucking clue. Fuck! I wipe away at my tears when I hear footsteps marching towards me.