Chapter 10 - end of the day

Harry's POV
     We finish cleaning ourselves up and I clock out. I really wasn't much help today but at least we didn't have that many customers. We exit the shop together but not before Barbara gives us a big hug and tells me that Louis is a keeper, whatever that means.

"Thanks for showing me how to make bread," Louis says once we get to my car, "I definitely won't ever do it again but it was fun."

I chuckle, "I'm not exactly the best teacher I'll admit."

"Yup," Louis agrees immediately and pops the 'p'.

"Hey! You could have at least pretended to contemplate it," I push his arm a bit.

"Sorry Hazza but you were 'orrible. You gave me the wrong measurements multiple times," he chuckles.

'Orrible? God I love his accent.

"That's because you couldn't do the math right!" I protest.

"I didn't realize I was being tested on my maths skills while baking!"

Something about the way he says that makes me burst out laughing and he quickly joins in. We both stay there laughing like idiots for far too long.

I wipe away a little tear, "Oh god," I try to catch my breath.

Our laughter dies down and Louis says, "I better get going before it gets dark."

"Wait, how did you get here? Did you walk?" I ask.

"Yeah. Why is that bad?" he looks worried.

"No, no I mean I just didn't realize you walked all the way here. That's so far. You could have told me and I could have picked you up or-" I ramble but Louis puts a hand up to stop me.

"It's okay Haz. I really didn't mind the walk," he assured me, "Plus I really wanted to see you and the universe rewarded me by letting me see you in a bun," he smiles getting on his tippie toes and poking at my bun.

"Let me make it up to you than. I'll give you a ride home," it's more of a statement than an offer.

Louis puts his hands up and shakes his head, "No, it's okay. I'm really fine with just walking home."

"Louis you must be exhausted. Just let me take you home so I can go to sleep without a guilty conscience," I insist not taking no for an answer.

He smiles, "Alright but I'm doing this only because I'm a kind person who wants you to be able to get your beauty sleep," he points his finger at me.

"Thank you so much, that is too kind of you," I laugh while opening the passenger door for him.

"Of course princess, anytime," he winks at me and gets in.

I shut his door and walk to the other side of my car. I squeeze my way in since it's quite a small car and I notice Louis' amused grin.

"You're such a giant," he laughs.

"And you're such a dwarf," I say back.

"Oi I am not!" Louis whines.

I chuckle, "Whatever you say princess," I purposely use the same name he used before.

Instead of maybe getting offended, because I think some lads would at that, Louis giggles. He fucking GIGGLES. He also covers his mouth with the back of his hand. I want to yell at him to stop it because my heart is literally going to explode but instead I just scrunch up my nose and focus on turning the car on. Why does he have to be so cute? Why does everything he do have to be so cute?

Louis gives me the directions to his flat and it's a short drive, it's also near my place but that's not important right now. He props his feet up on the dashboard which I usually would hate but I guess I'll allow it since it's Louis. I also let him play the music and thankfully he has good taste. He plays a lot of Arctic Monkeys and some Kings of Leon for me which is sweet of him. We sing along to a lot of the songs and I am so thankful for that because I got to hear Louis' angelic voice. It's so soft and high and raspy and god his voice fucks me up.