CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

MATTHEO RIDDLE IS YASMINE AMAROS. CALANTHA, EPIPHANY, ERISED, NICCOLÒ, KASSANDRA, DAÌNN, AND LANA ARE MINE. ALL OTHERS UNLESS MENTIONED ARE JK RO*LINGS.

─── ・ 。 ゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

T R I G G E R W A R
N I N G

i think it's called smut but i don't know and then also swearing

─── ・ 。 ゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

T H I R T Y  T W O

MATTHEW

WHEN I woke up, still chained and bound by my wrists, I felt less . . . tired than I had the other times I'd woken up. In pain, still, yes, but, that feeling of... being alive fluttered through me once more. To remind me that I was alive, that I was here, and that I was... not dead.

But still, I was weak, tired. Mentally and physically exhausted. Incapable of even walking, had I been able to muster enough strength to free myself from the chains. If I could even float through my clouded mind, if I could even think of a possible way of taking these damned chains off of me.

Usually, the... torture only lasted a few hours, usually only three at the most. The same day I was chained up, beaten, whipped, cursed, whatever it was, I walked out on two feet. However hazed I was, however drowned and drained, it was clear enough to me that I had been here for at least an entire day. I'd never had to think of a way to free myself, never had to try and force myself asleep in hopes of wasting away time.

There was the idea that, that someone would notice I was gone. That someone would question my absence. Truthfully speaking, however, there wasn't. There was no one I was close enough with, no one that would seek me out, to notice that I simply wasn't there.

There was, as I reminded myself, one person. One beautiful, bright, person. But I knew better than to let myself believe that she had noticed my not being there. Not after everything I'd said to her. Even after the night that she'd come to my dorm, drunken as she was, and when all I wanted to do was hold her. No, surely, even my Calantha, no longer mine, though I wished her to be, would notice my lack of presence.

It took me no time to adjust to the bright lights above me, the dinginess of the room shadowed by the lack of lighting in the rest of the area. My stomach, completely empty, was full of disgust. In the hours I'd spent here, these most recent hours, I'd grown to hate this room.