8.

-One month Later-

"How long are you guys going to be gone for?" Dad asked as I finished up breakfast,transferring the eggs and bacon to his plate

"How long are you guys going to be gone for?" Dad asked as I finished up breakfast,transferring the eggs and bacon to his plate. "Not long,we should be back by Monday."

I hated having to lie to him,but it was the only way to keep him safe.

The plan was to pretend Felix and his family invited Bella and I up to spend the weekend at their new house as a thank you for helping them move in.Felix had told me to dress nice but that was all I was told about the evening that awaited me.

Dad was actually becoming quite fond of Felix,inviting him over several times for beer as they watched the game and bonded over their fondness over me. I felt horrible for how many times he had to inject the human drinks and food,despite his many reassurances.

Felix was also shown one too many photo albums of me growing up.

Tomorrow was the day we would be preparing for the battle,it was in just two days and I couldn't help but feel our impending doom looming over all of our heads despite the reassurance everyone was giving me.

It had also been a month since I'd seen any sign of Paul,yet both Felix and Sam tried to tell me not to worry about it.

It was unlike Paul to be gone for this long,the last time he had vanished like this was when he had first become a shifter.

I tried not to worry,deciding to give him time just as I was to Leah and Seth. I'd be here when they needed me..until then I had to play the patient waiting game..yay.

I couldn't dread on it for too long though,since Marcus,along with Felix, Demetri,and the twins were already on their way.

The brunette king was acting as Felix's father,Jane and Alec his cousins/Aro's children,and Demetri as his brother.

"I've never seen you so excited to spend time with a guy before...Felix is that special Huh?" He said with a teasing tone making me blush.

"Oh stop it dad,but yes..Felix is more than special,he's everything." I confessed with a smile.

Over the past month I've only grown closer to him,he proved to be a soft hearted and goofy man despite how terrifying he wanted people to think he was.

Every day I spent with him I found myself falling more and more.

"Good..you deserve a guy like Felix who makes you happy." Dad said taking the plate from me just before there was a knock on the door.

"Speak of the devil,That should be him and his family now.I'll be right back!" I said brushing myself off and fixing my hair,ignoring the way dad chuckled at how I was acting.

To say I was nervous as I hurried to the front door was an understatement,this would be the first time any of the Volturi besides Felix personally met my father. I wanted nothing more than for them to get along.