She only smiled and nodded.

"We're like siblings".

"Cute".

Franco hated the direction the conversation had taken when Carlo selfishly mentioned unwanted information at the table, it was all for attention.

"Let's change the topic shall we".

His wife could read his emotions all too well.

"Mr. Russo, there's a phone call for you".

Franco looked over at the young maid before grumbling in annoyance, excusing himself to make his way into the manor.

Carlo watched as his father walked away, leaving the three at the table.

"Let me go check on the food".

Scratch that, leaving the two at the table.

Carlo quickly gripped her inner thigh as soon as Elena disappeared.

"Get your hands off of me"! She almost shouted, surprised by Carlo's rapid advances.

"Why, Mateo is the only one who gets to have all the fun"?

Her eyes widened at his words, stuttering as she wrapped her own hands around his own that she miserably failed at removing as his grip tightened before reaching her folds, she wore no underwear.

"Let me go you sick fuck"! She whisper shouted, tears prickling at the corners of her eyes as her anxiety shot up.

His fingers entered her violently.

"I know all about you and Mateo, you can fuck one brother but not the other, what would father say"?

Tears ran down her face as she shamelessly trembled and heaved at his assault, her head falling forward in humiliation.

"You're not so perfect now are you"?

Antonietta slapped him furiously, jumping out of her seat before running inside, small sobs escaping her lips as she quickly made her way to her bedroom before anyone could see her state.

Carlo laughed like a maniac.

*

He had spent many nights crying himself to sleep, what had been the point of being a Russo if your family wasn't there to save you?

Hopelessness and anger had filled his heart in the dried bloody basement where countless of others had been tortured.

Carlo never had a bone in his body that made him feel connected to his father's malicious business as a Russo.

He didn't see himself ever delving into it and much less make it his life like Mateo had, though as the first born he had no choice.

He was even more sure of it when his mother and brother were murdered brutally, it was a life of crime that followed you into old age, enemies piling up everywhere you turned, causing paranoia to take over your emotions.

His father had that, that paranoia, though he masked it well, Carlo could still see him halt in place whenever speaking or doing something, his eyes roaming the scenery wherever he went and a tight hold on his sons shoulders as they walked around Italy every now and then when they were young boys.

It didn't go unnoticed by him and he was glad to have been the youngest, not much responsibility as a Russo fell upon him.

If Mateo died that would all change though.

Carlo would have to take over as the next Russo in line and claim his throne as the last son alive.

He was happy to step in now, he would welcome the paranoia, the violence and the death that came along, Carlo had nothing to lose now.

He stood in front of the bedroom of Antonietta.

He knocked quietly, waiting to be welcomed.

Antonietta tried to close the door as quickly as she opened it but Carlo had already placed his foot in the way, she was no match for his strength.

Antonietta fell to the floor as he harshly pushed the door open, closing it quickly behind him.

"Calmati".

Carlo reached a hand out to help her, she smacked it away before standing on her own.

"Get out of my bedroom, you pezzo di merda".

"I don't take kindly to insults Antonietta, be nice or I'll do worse than what I did earlier, capisce"?

She stayed silent.

"You're beautiful Antonietta".

She scoffed.

Carlo watched the beautiful woman create a distance between the two as she stepped away from him, he smiled to himself.

"I need a woman like you by my side when I kill Mateo and take his place".

Her gaze snapped up in shock as she listened to his words.

"What the fuck are you talking about, Mateo is the Don, you cannot just kill him". She spoke sternly.

Carlo had his hands in the pockets of his sleep wear, his scarred chest on display as he took slow strides towards the scared redhead.

He stopped right in front of her, lifting his hand to trail a thumb across her lower lip, Antonietta wanted to bite it off.

"I can and I will and you will be my side as my wife once I become Don".

She wanted to cry hysterically.

"This is a secret between you and I, say anything and I'll fucking decapitate you and throw your head into the arms of your mother, got it"?

Antonietta could only look away, she wouldn't give him a yes even if she was destined to live such a miserable life.